Free42/go41cx etc. no DATA-Folder access with Android 14
10-07-2023, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2023 04:20 PM by Peet.)
Free42/go41cx etc. no DATA-Folder access with Android 14
It seems that with Android 14 it is no longer possible to access the DATA folders of programs to import or export .raw - does anyone know a solution or a work arround?

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2023, 06:24 PM
RE: Free42/go41cx etc. no DATA-Folder access with Android 14
MY phone just updated to Android 14 the other day. I did the following test:

Clear memory in the free42
Created a really simple 5 step program.

When I first tried to export it, android asked if I wanted free42 to access the Photos, etc.
I said yes and then did the export. I was then able to import it just fine.

What is funny is that the standard android FILES app no longer shows any files or folders in
internal storage/Android/data directory.

But if I hook the phone up to a PC, I can then browse all the files including the free42 files directory.

The difficulty is that with the Standard Android Files app not showing the directories in the Data folder. You can't just email a raw file to yourself and then use the Files app to copy it into the Free42 data folder.

I have a simple database program (PortoDB) that I use all the time. It has the same issue BUT it lets you chose where you want to input a file from and Downloads directory is available. The database backup files folder is invisible in the Files app, but can be seen when hooked to a PC.

I had read that Google was going to Sand boxing all the apps and each app could only work in it's file space. Looks like they are moving in that direction by hiding the Data folders in the files App.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
10-07-2023, 09:59 PM
RE: Free42/go41cx etc. no DATA-Folder access with Android 14
(10-07-2023 06:24 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  But if I hook the phone up to a PC, I can then browse all the files including the free42 files directory.

Thank you, that helps. This is how I can transfer files to the sim-/emulators

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)