New WP34S unit
11-14-2023, 08:04 PM
RE: New WP34S unit
I’m very happy for C47 to use the algorithm. However, I’m much less familiar with the C47 code than with the WP34S code. Even with the latter I keep getting in a muddle with the various decNumber functions! The C code (no decNumbers) I wrote to test the algorithm worked essentially the first time; the WP34S version didn’t, and needed several compilation cycles to get all my decNumber mistakes sorted out.

As I’m not currently set up to build the C47, any code I contributed would surely contain syntax errors as I couldn’t readily check it.

So I’ll offer a fully-commented simple C (i.e., just ints and doubles) version of the algorithm. It would then be straightforward for one of the team to convert it, if they wanted to use it. Or I could do it, but it might take a while!

I’ll post about this on the C47 forum.

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
(11-13-2023 09:35 PM)ebs Wrote:  Tested r3924, it's working fine. Thanks Nigel.
As always, thank you for the feedback!

Nigel (UK)
11-21-2023, 06:40 PM
You guys are amazing!
I need to get out my cable and get re-flashing.

I've been using these for years and I really do love the WP34S — I can buy an HP30b cheap, flash it to WP34S, sticker it, and get it to work in some ugly environments like my wood shop or garage, places I don't bring my many near-perfect 1970s and 80s HPs (they get used, but only on a nice clean safe desk). If the WP34S takes a hit or gets something spilled on it, it's not the end of the world. Nonetheless it does EVERYTHING I need and I know the UI well at this point.

Really a nice project you all did...
Thanks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)