HP50g - ASN to lowest row
10-26-2023, 11:07 AM
HP50g - ASN to lowest row
Dear 50g experts

Maybe this question already arose earlier on, but I couldn't find it...

Is there a possibility to assign commands to the lowest row of the keyboard? (i.e. "ON" "0" "." "SPC" "ENTER").

My idea is to assign a program (which turns off the calculator & displays a GROB when turned back on) to the OFF key (thus right-shifted on). This perfectly worked on my 48SX with its 9 rows... ;-)

The ASN command uses rc.pf, but the row index would be 10, thus rc.pf would be 101.30, but as far as I understand only two digits are supported.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2023, 12:23 PM
RE: HP50g - ASN to lowest row
Yes, the keycode for the bottom row on the 50g is 10c.pf. Example: the keycode for right-shift-hold 0 is 102.31.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2023, 12:42 PM
(10-26-2023 12:23 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Yes, the keycode for the bottom row on the 50g is 10c.pf. Example: the keycode for right-shift-hold 0 is 102.31.

Thank you Joe!
I thought I tried this, but apparently I didn't do it correctly... :-(
Now it works! :-)
10-26-2023, 01:38 PM
You may also want to investigate the use of the global STARTOFF and TOFF variables, which could be of some use for you in this situation. Note that even with all of these features, there are still some auto-powerdown scenarios where your program won't be able to "take over" the standard power off sequence. But you can get pretty close.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)