Making HP41 screenshot documentation easier
10-28-2023, 12:58 AM
Making HP41 screenshot documentation easier
Just for noticing, the regular V41 "File/Copy LCD (CTRL)" command made a display text copy into the clipboard text area so far. Since V41 R9J this makes also a copy of the LCD bitmap area into the clipboard bitmap area. So Text and Bitmap are filled in the clipboard.

So when you're doing a normal clipboard Paste in Word for example, so you still get a text copy of the LCD in the Word page. But with "Home/Paste/Paste Special/Bitmap" you paste the clipboard bitmap part with the actual display graphic into the Word page. So you get an image of the current LCD area with always the same dimension (dependent from the selected background image). This image has no dark LCD outline borders, I assume Angel used them in his documents for orientation when using a Snipping Tool to extract the LCD content from V41 to get a similar size for each screenshot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2023, 04:01 AM
RE: Making HP41 screenshot documentation easier
(10-28-2023 12:58 AM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote:  Just for noticing, the regular V41 "File/Copy LCD (CTRL)" command made a display text copy into the clipboard text area so far. Since V41 R9J this makes also a copy of the LCD bitmap area into the clipboard bitmap area. So Text and Bitmap are filled in the clipboard. .

Nice!

For my rewrite of Nonpareil to use scalable graphics (SVG), I wonder whether it's possible (and useful) to put an SVG image in the clipboard? It looks like it may be possibleon Windows using MIME type image/svg+xml, but it will depend on the app one wants to paste it into knowing to accept SVG:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3504...xml-mime-t

I'll have to experiment. LibreOffice Writer reportedly can accept SVG from the clipboard, but I don't know whether Microsoft Word can.

I personally use Linux a lot more than Windows, and it looks like the situation is similar (sans MS Word, obviously).

I suppose I might be able to put both SVG and PNG in the clipboard (as well as text), or make it selectable.
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2023, 02:51 AM
Hello CG, a little related =), in 25 years of developing emulators, it has been possible to emulate the hardware in many cases, almost 100%. An idea that has not been implemented is missing in all emulators, which is to show the pixels separated from the LCD as an option. I want to see this feature that should not be difficult to add to the language KML, and finally an option to be able to separate screen and keyboard, to perform various adjustments of each panel separately, the challenge is how to make these ideas possible within the KML
Thank you.

JaiMeza
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2023, 06:37 AM
(10-30-2023 02:51 AM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello CG, a little related =), in 25 years of developing emulators, it has been possible to emulate the hardware in many cases, almost 100%. An idea that has not been implemented is missing in all emulators, which is to show the pixels separated from the LCD as an option. I want to see this feature that should not be difficult to add to the language KML, and finally an option to be able to separate screen and keyboard, to perform various adjustments of each panel separately, the challenge is how to make these ideas possible within the KML
Thank you.

JaiMeza

There are no pixels in 41's display, just 14 segments.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)