Help needed to identify component
11-07-2023, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2023 03:08 AM by JoeG.)
Help needed to identify component
I have several of the "VIC-20 MULTI USE PROJECT TEST CARTRIDGE" boards, and I'd like to use one to build a cartridge that can provide numerous games via EEPROM.

I've attached several photos.
- The first is of the bare board
- The second is of the cartridge that I would like to build
- The final photo is of a component that I'm not familiar with. I'm guessing it's some form of a switch, but I don't know what it's called.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Joe

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2023, 03:27 AM
RE: Help needed to identify component
More info found in the instructions for the product on ebay.

"The 16-position Rotary switch is used to select 1 of the 16 16K cartridge images in each of the 4 banks."

So that explains what it is. But will any similar switch work? Is there ratings I need to know?

Joe
11-07-2023, 09:25 AM
Is in in an 8-pin DIP package?  The only thing you would need to know is the pinout.  I've never looked into them to know off hand if there's an industry-standard pinout for them.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2023, 10:48 AM
16 position (hexadecimal) rotary switch with 6 pcb connections similar to attached image

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-07-2023, 11:58 AM
Here’s a link to a data sheet for some of these switches. One looks just like yours! Note the two types of output: standard or complement. I can’t tell which you need from your picture.

Nigel (UK)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)