Help with fixing a Panamatik Woodstock calculator
04-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Help with fixing a Panamatik Woodstock calculator
Hi All,

Anyone here in the US than can help fix a panamatik woodstock calculator? It is stuck in programming mode. Bernard wrote me with a general idea how to fix it. I am not a hardware guy!

Thanks,

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2024, 09:50 PM
RE: Help with fixing a Panamatik Woodstock calculator
Is the PRGM switch working, sometimes the old contact lubricant goes hard and proper contact is not made. Maybe pushing it down lightly and wiggling it may make it work intermittently. If so, it is the contact.

Fixing it properly might be a problem as that could require dismantling of the keyboard.

The attached image shows the connections to test with an ohmmeter to see if the switch works properly. The is the back of the keyboard, button side down.

Switch = Run = Short
Switch = Prgm = Open

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-30-2024, 10:35 PM
Thanks Tony! I think the machine needs to be opened and I am not the person who knows how to do it.
05-01-2024, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2024 12:03 AM by teenix.)
(04-30-2024 10:35 PM)Namir Wrote:  Thanks Tony! I think the machine needs to be opened and I am not the person who knows how to do it.

Hi Namir,

If you would like to try, it's quite simple.

Remove the battery.

Use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry the two rubber feet out of the underside of the calculator. Then undo and remove the screws that are under them. You will need a Phillips (cross head) screwdriver for these.

Use the screwdriver to push in on one of the charge terminals under the calculator and the face plate will move forward out of the case. Just pull it a bit further forward and move the face plate towards the top end and away from the case. You will notice a lip inside the bottom of the calculator which acts as a hinge to hold the lower end of the face plate in place.

Reassemble is easy too. Just slide the face plate back in position and replace the screws, feet and battery.

cheers

Tony
05-01-2024, 01:38 AM
Thank you for the instructions. I may forward them to a friend who fixes my calculator along with Bernard's comment that he emailed me.

Namir
05-02-2024, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2024 12:39 AM by BobVA.)
You probably already know this, but just in case: You can toggle between PRGM and RUN on most of the Panamatik ACT chips from the keyboard, i.e. without using the physical slider switch. Pressing the prefix keys "f" and "g" sequentially switches to RUN and similarly "g" followed by "f" switches to PRGM.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)