The new TI-82 Advanced Edition Python
12-18-2023, 02:03 AM
RE: The new TI-82 Advanced Edition Python
(12-17-2023 09:45 PM)carey Wrote:  
(12-14-2023 02:53 AM)Namir Wrote:  Well Carey, you and I can start a new TI-82 Advanced Edition club .. just kidding.
(12-15-2023 01:35 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I have a TI-83 CE Premium Python Edition, can I join?
(12-14-2023 02:53 AM)Namir Wrote:  You are most welcome!

Eddie, you realize this means you have to call the 1st meeting! Smile

Does the TI-83 CE Premium Python edition have any features not found in the TI-84 CE Python edition or are they 1:1 replacements except for the model number and keyboard language?

Thanks.

Zoom or Webex?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2023, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2023 02:14 AM by Eddie W. Shore.)
(12-17-2023 10:10 PM)critor Wrote:  
(12-17-2023 09:45 PM)carey Wrote:  Does the TI-83 CE Premium Python edition have any features not found in the TI-84 CE Python edition or are they 1:1 replacements except for the model number and keyboard language?
The TI-83 Premium CE is better than the TI-84 Plus CE.
It includes a QPiRac exact calculation engine, where the TI-84 Plus CE only knows about Q :
[Image: U5uHpVb.png][Image: 1DemQtN.png]

QPI also translates to TI Basic programs. Turn on QPI by selecting AUTO mode (answer). For exact answers, use the fraction bar template ( [ ]/[ ] ).

In this respect, the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus CE Python are missing out.
12-18-2023, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2023 02:05 PM by carey.)
Wow, thank you for the crystal clear side-by-side comparison of the TI-83 Premium CE Python edition vs the TI-84 CE Python edition and the equally clear explanation of the difference in their math engines!

I went ahead and now ordered one from Amazon.fr and to my pleasant surprise the total cost with delivery to the U.S. is less than the less capable TI-84 CE Python edition from Amazon USA. Of course, the order was done in French so there’s always the possibility I bought something else by mistake and I hope not to open the pkg and find escargot instead!:)
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2023, 04:06 PM
(12-18-2023 01:59 PM)carey Wrote:  Wow, thank you for the crystal clear side-by-side comparison of the TI-83 Premium CE Python edition vs the TI-84 CE Python edition and the equally clear explanation of the difference in their math engines!

I went ahead and now ordered one from Amazon.fr and to my pleasant surprise the total cost with delivery to the U.S. is less than the less capable TI-84 CE Python edition from Amazon USA. Of course, the order was done in French so there’s always the possibility I bought something else by mistake and I hope not to open the pkg and find escargot instead!Smile
If you receive snails you will be lucky because it is a very popular dish, especially during the end of year celebrations.

http://ti58c.phweb.me
http://clones.phweb.me
"No! Do or Do not. There is no try!" [Master Yoda]
12-18-2023, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2023 06:02 PM by carey.)
(12-18-2023 01:59 PM)carey Wrote:  I went ahead and now ordered one from Amazon.fr and to my pleasant surprise the total cost with delivery to the U.S. is less than the less capable TI-84 CE Python edition from Amazon USA. Of course, the order was done in French so there’s always the possibility I bought something else by mistake and I hope not to open the pkg and find escargot instead!Smile

(12-18-2023 04:06 PM)Pierre Wrote:  If you receive snails you will be lucky because it is a very popular dish, especially during the end of year celebrations.

It sounds like I should have ordered the snails instead and be disappointed if a calculator arrives!

Pierre, btw I must thank you for your peerless TI-58c emulator! Earlier this year I came across an old EE journal article with a TI-58 program to perform deconvolution of an output signal. I had never used TI-59/58/58c calculators before, but your emulator has so many nice features that it made the process of running TI-58 programs effortless. Thank you!
12-18-2023, 09:03 PM
(12-18-2023 05:50 PM)carey Wrote:  Pierre, btw I must thank you for your peerless TI-58c emulator! Earlier this year I came across an old EE journal article with a TI-58 program to perform deconvolution of an output signal. I had never used TI-59/58/58c calculators before, but your emulator has so many nice features that it made the process of running TI-58 programs effortless. Thank you!

Thank you Carey for your interest in my program. That pleased me.
But it seems that the topicality of this post is more around more recent TIs (which I own in large numbers but which are not my favorites...)
but the snails made me slip...sorry

http://ti58c.phweb.me
http://clones.phweb.me
"No! Do or Do not. There is no try!" [Master Yoda]
12-18-2023, 11:08 PM
We are getting into off-topic land, but I love the scene in "I Love Lucy" where she puts the ketchup on the escargot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)