What happened to Debug-Functionality? Error in manual.
12-15-2023, 07:34 PM
What happened to Debug-Functionality? Error in manual.
In the manual of HP Prime (here) p. 564 there is a screenshot of the debug-mode with the following menu in the bottom line:
Edit - Skip - Step - Swap - Stop - Cont
Further on the following menu points are explained:
Skip - Step - Vars - Cont - Stop

On my HP Prime I find as well: Edit - Skip - Step - Swap - Stop - Cont
I remember I selected variables to show their content in former versions of the software.

I think this is an error in the manual. But even more important: How can I select the variables of which the content is shown during the debug mode?
Any help is appreciated! Thank you very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2023, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2023 01:15 PM by komame.)
RE: What happened to Debug-Functionality? Error in manual.
(12-15-2023 07:34 PM)rawi Wrote:  How can I select the variables of which the content is shown during the debug mode?

To add a preview of the variable's content in debug mode, you need to enter the name of the variable in the first column of the "Variable" section, and then you will see its value in the second column. There can only be one variable per row, so if you want to view the contents of several variables, they must be entered in several rows.

Piotr
12-16-2023, 02:56 PM
you can use debug() command (not documented):
debug()
12-16-2023, 07:51 PM
@komame:
Thank you very much, it works fine. I should have seen it, but was puzzled by the description in the manual that did not work.

@HPCarnace:
Thank you very much as well. But I do not have enough information (or skills?) to apply that. How do I tell the calculator what application I want to debug and what variable I want to track?
12-16-2023, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2023 11:10 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
IIRC, debug() was a statement that could be placed in a PPL program.

It enabled a program to be Run initially, and when the program executed debug(), execution would pause and a debug screen would be shown, allowing the user to inspect/edit variables, single-step or resume execution. it was an alternative to Debugging the program from the beginning.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2023, 11:47 PM
It's always annoyed me that you can't put a list of variables into the debug() command so that it pre-populates those into the debugger display. A missed opportunity that, hopefully, the Moravia team will find time to address.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)