Geometry App scaling
09-12-2014, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 03:27 AM by Brad Barton.)
Geometry App scaling
I'm trying to work through the example in the user's guide, which has me plotting a sine wave. When viewing the function though, the Prime plots it out in a very long curve with almost no height. I've tried re-scaling the horizontal and vertical scales using Xrng and Yrng, but the aspect ratio seems to be stuck. If I scale the X parameter, the Y parameter goes right along with it. Zoom>Box also seems to force a constant aspect ratio.

Is there a setting or flag that allows me to scale these parameters separately? I haven't been able to find it in the manual, nor does poking around in the help section seem to reveal the answer. I'm using the emulator rev. 6031.

Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 05:19 AM
RE: Geometry App scaling
Hello,

The geometry app has a fixed height/width ratio of 1 in order to make sure that geometrical figures do not distort... circles are circles......

Question, are you in radian or in degree? radian will show your sine better...

you could also draw sin(5*x) to compress your curve horizontaly...

cyrille
09-12-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: Geometry App scaling
Thanks Cyrille, I'll stop searching for independent scaling. I can always alter the equation as you say.

I also didn't think to check for deg/rad mode. Good tip!

Cheers,
Brad

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)