Installing newer version of micropython with newer modules.
01-30-2024, 07:04 AM
Installing newer version of micropython with newer modules.
Is it possible to install newer version of micropython on hp prime v2? I am interested in installing it to have newer modules.
. I heard that hp prime apps are written in c/c++. So can I install arbitrary app like micropython?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2024, 07:28 AM
RE: Installing newer version of micropython with newer modules.
(01-30-2024 07:04 AM)Aleksandr94 Wrote:  Is it possible to install newer version of micropython on hp prime v2? I am interested in installing it to have newer modules.
. I heard that hp prime apps are written in c/c++. So can I install arbitrary app like micropython?

Unfortunately, you can't. All apps written in C/C++ (including Python) are factory embedded in the HP Prime firmware and cannot be updated independently, so you have to wait for a newer firmware release. However, it's hard to say what will change in Python (if anything), because no information has been provided regarding the changes that will be introduced.
01-30-2024, 07:35 AM
Thank you! And is it at least possible to install some modules compatible with micropython version on hp prime? If it is, can you show me some baby example.
01-30-2024, 08:34 PM
(01-30-2024 07:35 AM)Aleksandr94 Wrote:  Thank you! And is it at least possible to install some modules compatible with micropython version on hp prime? If it is, can you show me some baby example.

If you have libraries written in MicroPython (*.py files) you can install them.
Read the post #6 here:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20...#pid179868
and follow the steps according to the first method.

Best wishes,
Piotr

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)