Does anyone provide product support for Prime?
02-01-2024, 08:37 PM
Does anyone provide product support for Prime?
Hi folks,

I just bought a Prime from Best Buy the other day. I've had the emulator for a long time, but I'm happy to have the physical calculator with real buttons.

Anyway, what with HP having walked away from the market, is anyone actually providing product support these days?

Like,...is there a website somewhere where I should go and register my new purchase?

Is warranty server just a fantasy at this point, or is someone actually still providing this?

Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2024, 09:20 PM
RE: Does anyone provide product support for Prime?
Are you talking about the EU? Or non-EU regions?

11C, 12C, 17Bii, DM42
02-01-2024, 09:33 PM
Sorry for not being more specific. I'm in the United States, but I'd be curious to know the answer for other parts of the world as well.

Joe
02-02-2024, 01:29 AM
For HP calculator products made for the US market (note this does not include grey-market items which are commonly sold here - they will check this and if grey-market you likely won't get help - which is fair IMHO) Royal, HP's Licensee for the Americas, offers 'dedicated customer service', available at +1 833-523-0800.

In my own experience, the folks there probably can handle a defective item replacement, or similar administrative tasks, so mostly customer support kinds of things, but by no means would I consider it technical support in the sense of needing help to solve a problem operating the calculator, reporting bugs, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
02-02-2024, 07:14 AM
(02-01-2024 09:33 PM)JosephErvin Wrote:  Sorry for not being more specific. I'm in the United States, but I'd be curious to know the answer for other parts of the world as well.

Joe

Thanks for clarifying. For the EU, I would point to Moravia Consulting (and both resellers and manufactures have legal obligations to consumers in the EU). To be honest, I don’t know the rules in the USA.

I know Moravia works with at least one developer (‘jte’ on this forum) who works on the Prime project. So at least something is done.

11C, 12C, 17Bii, DM42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)