Replacing the chassis of a Woodstock series HP calculator
10-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Replacing the chassis of a Woodstock series HP calculator
How difficult would it be to replace the chassis (the external shell, not including the faceplate or the battery pack) of a Woodstock series HP calculator?

For example, if a HP 29C has a chassis in poor cosmetic condition, how difficult/involved would it be to replace its chassis with one from a HP 21, say? (i.e. the innards, faceplate and battery pack of the HP 29C would thus reside in the chassis from the HP 21)

In asking the above question, I'm assuming that the chassis of any one model within the Woodstock series is identical (in terms of structure and dimensions) to the chassis of any other model in the Woodstock series ... Is this assumption valid?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Replacing the chassis of a Woodstock series HP calculator
(10-02-2014 02:58 PM)HpCalcFan Wrote:  I'm assuming that the chassis of any one model within the Woodstock series is identical (in terms of structure and dimensions) to the chassis of any other model in the Woodstock series ... Is this assumption valid?

I'd expect that though I won't open my Woodstocks for checking. Geoff will know for sure.

d:-)
10-03-2014, 07:23 AM
I took my 25 apart down to the single key and assembled it back again. Don't remember any problems doing so.

Since this is my only Woodstock, I can't answer your second question.
10-03-2014, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 11:30 AM by aurelio.)
(10-02-2014 02:58 PM)HpCalcFan Wrote:  How difficult would it be to replace the chassis (the external shell, not including the faceplate or the battery pack) of a Woodstock series HP calculator?

For example, if a HP 29C has a chassis in poor cosmetic condition, how difficult/involved would it be to replace its chassis with one from a HP 21, say? (i.e. the innards, faceplate and battery pack of the HP 29C would thus reside in the chassis from the HP 21)

In asking the above question, I'm assuming that the chassis of any one model within the Woodstock series is identical (in terms of structure and dimensions) to the chassis of any other model in the Woodstock series ... Is this assumption valid?
IT'S POSSIBLE TO DO IT, I tryed just for testing in the past with with a 25c and a 21 (my father was a smoker years ag and the 25c's was "yellowed"), but I'll avoid to do it: the serial is engraved on the chassis............ .)
10-03-2014, 11:54 AM
(10-03-2014 11:29 AM)aurelio Wrote:  my father was a smoker years ag and the 25c's was "yellowed"

AFAICS those cases "yellow" by age, also without smoke in the air. Maybe the sun ...

10-03-2014, 12:16 PM
(10-03-2014 11:54 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:29 AM)aurelio Wrote:  my father was a smoker years ag and the 25c's was "yellowed"

AFAICS those cases "yellow" by age, also without smoke in the air. Maybe the sun ...

Against this kind of yellowing there is “Retr0bright”.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)