Where is STO option in RPN mode?
02-12-2024, 12:29 AM
Where is STO option in RPN mode?
In textbook mode, there is a STO softkey that stores into a variable, but that key disappears when I switch to RPN mode. How do I store a number in a variable when I am in RPN mode, please?

Please answer in complete sentences without abbreviations. I am a new user and new to this forum and I don't know all the shortcut phrases.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2024, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2024 01:41 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: Where is STO option in RPN mode?
In RPN mode, you have to "think" with an RPN mindset, namely, put everything on the stack that you'll be working on, and only then press the desired operation. For example, to store 123 into X, first put 123 and 'X' on the stack, then press the physical Sto key (Shift EEX):

Enter
'X'
Enter
Sto

The reason that 'X' must be in single quotation marks (Shift parentheses) is to prevent it from being automatically evaluated.

If you want to create a new variable in Home view (e.g. ANNA), key it without quotes and press Enter. Prime will ask you, "Do you want to create a variable called ANNA?" Press either OK or Enter to confirm. That variable can now be used like the built-in variables A through Z, as described above.

Hope that helps!

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2024, 04:55 PM
RE: Where is STO option in RPN mode?
That's wonderful, my friend. Thank you. As for your signature, I guess it is best to be in the ground state and nicely stable.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)