python implementation on HP PRIME
02-15-2024, 11:31 AM
python implementation on HP PRIME
Dear all,
I tried to upload some Python programs on the virtual HP Prime using the connectivity kit. However, it is recognised as a PPL script and does not work. I read about updating the firmware, but I assume that the virtual HP Prime has the latest firmware.
Can someone help me in this matter?
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2024, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2024 01:23 PM by Steve Simpkin.)
RE: python implementation on HP PRIME
The software on the virtual HP Prime for PC, IOS and Android is not the latest version as is used in the real Prime and does not support Python.
As to when Python might make it into the emulated versions...
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20953.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2024, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2024 09:57 PM by komame.)
(02-15-2024 12:30 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  The software on the virtual HP Prime for PC [...] is not the latest version as is used in the real Prime and does not support Python.

That's not true. HP Prime Virtual Calculator for Windows supports Python just like the real HP Prime, and it's exactly the same firmware version (14730). Currently, Python is not supported on the Android version.

(02-15-2024 11:31 AM)hesc Wrote:  I tried to upload some Python programs on the virtual HP Prime using the connectivity kit. However, it is recognised as a PPL script and does not work. I read about updating the firmware, but I assume that the virtual HP Prime has the latest firmware.
Can someone help me in this matter?

Here you have described how to run a program written in Python on HP Prime (in two ways):
[Problem with python program]

Best regards,
Piotr
02-15-2024, 07:23 PM
(02-15-2024 06:19 PM)komame Wrote:  
(02-15-2024 12:30 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  The software on the virtual HP Prime for PC [...] is not the latest version as is used in the real Prime and does not support Python.

That's not true. HP Prime Virtual Calculator for Windows supports Python just like the real HP Prime, and it's exactly the same firmware version (17430). Currently, Python is not supported on the Android version.

Best regards,
Piotr

I did not know that. I had trouble updating the Virtual Prime app to the latest version on my Windows 7 computer so I am still running an older version of HP Prime software (2.1.14425, 2020 1 16). This older version does not support Python.
Thank you for the information.
02-15-2024, 07:40 PM
(02-15-2024 12:30 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  The software on the virtual HP Prime for PC, IOS and Android is not the latest version as is used in the real Prime and does not support Python.

Huh? Here's a screen shot from the PC version:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-15-2024, 09:47 PM
(02-15-2024 07:40 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(02-15-2024 12:30 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  The software on the virtual HP Prime for PC, IOS and Android is not the latest version as is used in the real Prime and does not support Python.

Huh? Here's a screen shot from the PC version:

As I mentioned above, I was running an older version of the virtual HP Prime app on my computer and did not realize Python had been added since then.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)