MANUAL:
https://support.casio.com/global/fr/calc...RAPHMATH+/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2024, 06:34 AM
RE: CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+
Price on Amazon :-O
https://www.amazon.fr/Nouvelle-CASIO-Gra...B0CW1S8YJD

Seems a sales guy from TI went to CASIO and he done good job. Time to buy older Pythonable CASIOs until their price not jumps to the infinity space.
04-11-2024, 04:51 PM
So, the french Graph 90+E is being replaced with the Graph Math+ for back to school 2024.

And it's been confirmed today, the similar fx-CG50 is also being replaced but for back to school 2025, with the fx-CG100 :
[Image: ynA0pbRm.png]

Sources :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php...10#p275110
https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php...11#p275111
https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/t...734--.html
https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/t...735--.html
04-11-2024, 05:03 PM
(04-11-2024 04:51 PM)critor Wrote:  So, the french Graph 90+E is being replaced with the Graph Math+ for back to school 2024.

And it's been confirmed today, the similar fx-CG50 is also being replaced but for back to school 2025, with the fx-CG100 :

RIP Casio Basic. Sad I won't have a ton of use for this fx-CG100, I'm afraid. Python is nice, but it can't compete with the feature-integration of traditional Casio Basic.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2024, 06:24 PM
(04-11-2024 05:03 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(04-11-2024 04:51 PM)critor Wrote:  So, the french Graph 90+E is being replaced with the Graph Math+ for back to school 2024.

RIP Casio Basic. Sad I won't have a ton of use for this fx-CG100, I'm afraid. Python is nice, but it can't compete with the feature-integration of traditional Casio Basic.

Yes, the apparent loss of Casio Basic in the upcoming CG100 is unfortunate. When TI added Python to the TI-84 Plus CE, TI-Basic was retained as a menu option.

Also, from the picture of the CG100 main menu, it appears that Casio's distinctive Dyna Graph option is gone. While infrequently used in h.s. math books (probably because any animation is awkward to describe or work with in physical books), I once found dynamic graphs helpful to show how bifurcations occur in nonlinear systems.
04-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Also, only 4.5MB memory, so no KhiCAS. CG-50 has 16MB
04-11-2024, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2024 07:34 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
Why would Australia only allow for 4.5 MB? That doesn't make sense.

But it seems clear that we are at the end of an era regarding Casio Basic.

I really hope that numpy and scypy, or at least a version of them, are coming to calculator Python soon.

Edit: I know that Numworks has some numpy functions (Prime too?) and I need to spend time learning the numpy commands. It's time for TI and Casio to catch up.
04-12-2024, 07:13 AM
Fortunately they lacked the Variable key weird behaviour and went back to original variable store method (check the arrow on x-key). The manual shows the "value STO var1~var2" method, like on 80's programmables (4000P, 4500P).
04-12-2024, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2024 04:04 PM by Dands.)
Clearly, people that think the CW was a good release are not engineering students or professional engineers that need to take very difficult timed exams. Workflow speed is crucial. Readily available operations are crucial. Toggle keys are crucial.

I believe Casio gave in to student boards and over-simplified the 991EX to provide a better appeal to middle and high school students in Europe. They removed dedicated keys and hid everything behind menus to achieve a simpler (less scary) keypad layout.

The S<=>D and ENG key removal, and the Format key killed the calculator, adding extra steps that are burdensome and made the workflow much worse. Also, the complex mode is just bad - there is no dedicated angle key for quick phasor calculations. Everything is there, but hidden behind menus. Terrible workflow. They even got rid of the handy x^-1 key!

The fx-991EX remains the absolute best sicentic calculator for engineers.

These new ones look great, but I can still see the infamous format key. Also, for our fellow power engineers out there, I predict that the new CG100 won't be able to calculate hyperbolic functions with complex arguments. For example cosh(2+3i). This is crucial in some power engineering topics and only a few CAS calculators can do it.
04-12-2024, 06:31 PM
Agree as far as quick operation goes. HP 42S is a winner after all of these years! The COSH and other needed operations that you write of can be assigned to the user key menu for quick access. I do wish that the HP 42S had an x ROOT y capability…
04-12-2024, 07:05 PM
(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  Clearly, people that think the CW was a good release are not engineering students or professional engineers that need to take very difficult timed exams. Workflow speed is crucial. Readily available operations are crucial. Toggle keys are crucial.

The CW does add some genuinely meaningful improvements over the EX, but I agree that workflow speed is not one of them. In fact I'd probably put it dead last among its peers in this category. For someone that might just do a few quick calculations here and there throughout the day, the CW is probably fine. For someone taking a timed exam, it'll be miserable.

(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  The fx-991EX remains the absolute best sicentic calculator for engineers.

I've also recommended it for computer science on more than one occasion. It has probably the best binary/hexadecimal/octal handling I've seen in a $20 calculator. The CW matches it in this regard, except you have to repeatedly press Format to cycle through bases, rather than having four keys to directly select a base. Again, a slower workflow that will turn off anyone that needs to do a lot of base conversion (embedded firmware developers, perhaps). If you only do it a few times a day at most, it's probably livable.
04-13-2024, 02:10 AM
(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  Clearly, people that think the CW was a good release are not engineering students or professional engineers that need to take very difficult timed exams. Workflow speed is crucial. Readily available operations are crucial. Toggle keys are crucial.

I believe Casio gave in to student boards and over-simplified the 991EX to provide a better appeal to middle and high school students in Europe. They removed dedicated keys and hid everything behind menus to achieve a simpler (less scary) keypad layout.

The S<=>D and ENG key removal, and the Format key killed the calculator, adding extra steps that are burdensome and made the workflow much worse. Also, the complex mode is just bad - there is no dedicated angle key for quick phasor calculations. Everything is there, but hidden behind menus. Terrible workflow. They even got rid of the handy x^-1 key!

The fx-991EX remains the absolute best sicentic calculator for engineers.

These new ones look great, but I can still see the infamous format key. Also, for our fellow power engineers out there, I predict that the new CG100 won't be able to calculate hyperbolic functions with complex arguments. For example cosh(2+3i). This is crucial in some power engineering topics and only a few CAS calculators can do it.

I would help if the calculator companies do a calculator geared for school and one geared for professionals like the old days.

And I doubt the complex number support will extend to trig and hyperbolic functions as they never had it for non-CAS Casio calculators. But I'm up for a pleasant surprise.
04-14-2024, 04:26 PM
(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  The fx-991EX remains the absolute best sicentic calculator for engineers.

For engineers the TI-36X PRO is much better, eg. calculating eigenvalues or eigenvectors, which is a common task in engineering. On CASIO fx-991EX this is really painful, on TI-36X just type in num-solve det([A]-x*[I2])=0 , then solve for x and you get eigenvalues, then you can substitue back and with rref() you get eigenvectors. With a little trick you can norm the result. On CASIO this is impossible. And CASIO lost everything when turned OFF and those dumb MODEs, impossible to bring data from one to another, on TI this is far better implemented.
04-21-2024, 07:10 PM
Too bad:
"Casio is introducing in 2024 a new color calculator in France, the Graph Math+, and it’s international equivalent is expected to be released in 2025 as the successor of the FXCG50. The current Math+ OS version 1 does not support addins, therefore KhiCAS will not be available on the Math+, at least in 2024. Casio announced that a version 2 of their OS will be released in 2025, but did not clarify it’s position with respect to 3rd party addins. Maybe the final decision is not taken, and it’s not too late to get addins in version 2. If you like to have KhiCAS and other addins on your Casio calculator, I recommend that you contact Casio and tell them your opinion. If sufficiently many people reading this act, we may win, we are many : this document was read by more than 7000 people during January-Februray-March 2024, I expect it will be read by more than 20 000 this year."
B. Parisse, 2024 April 4th.

Another reason to keep fx-CG50
04-22-2024, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2024 06:17 PM by carey.)
(04-21-2024 07:10 PM)klesl Wrote:  Another reason to keep fx-CG50
Yes, the CG50’s large add-in memory that can accommodate KhiCAS is a very desirable feature (along with its 3D graphing & speed).

For some reason (maybe it’s the large monochrome screen w/back light, or the keys or the SD version option) but, even though its add-in memory is too small for KhiCAS, I find I prefer the fx-9860gii to the CG50 and I’m curious if anyone else likes or prefers that earlier model? It’s likely just a personal idiosyncrasy that flies in the face of the CG50’s better hardware (including the CG50 being able connect to a PC as a mass storage device).

Thanks!
04-22-2024, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2024 03:49 PM by Dands.)
I heard they are going to reduce memory size in this new CG100 to meet demands from school boards. They think student will cheat and load up more stuff they don't "need" in the calculator.

School boards already destroyed the fx-991EX. Casio needs to stop listening to them.
04-22-2024, 06:06 PM
If the CG100 will have less memory than the CG50, and will not support add-ins such as khiCAS...
Will casio be keeping the CG50 for those that don't need to downgrade?

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)