Hp prime erased all my data
03-08-2024, 04:46 PM
Hp prime erased all my data
Hello
I bought an hp prime a month ago.
Today I took it from backpack to use and it didnt turn on. Last time i used were 3 days ago.
I arrived home and plugged it to charge.
The battery probably reached 0.
But now all my programs are gone. All my data was deleted, programs and all my user variables.
I had a lot of notes that were important, and i wonder if there is a way to recover.
I didnt had any backups.
The weird part is that the clock is still right, and the black wallpaper is still black. So i think it didnt factory reseted. What could have happened? It is so weird that everything is gone.

What did i do wrong?
If i do backups i can prevent this from happening?
How can I recover my notes and programs?
Should I leave the screen on when it's charging?

Hope someone can help ?
Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2024, 09:39 PM
RE: Hp prime erased all my data
I don't know what you did but the Prime retains memory even if the battery is removed so it wasn't the battery going flat that caused your problems.

To recover you could try pushing a paperclip into the reset hole on the back. This resets the calc but retains programs and data.

How can you stop it happening again? Making backups will help - it's explained in the manual and is quite simple but ask here if you have trouble. Backups on the calc survive an ON+APPS+ESC memory reset so even a major lock up won't result in too much being lost.

Lastly take care with the calc. You said you pulled it out the backpack and it had gone wrong? Well, remember that the USB port is not protected by the case so be careful if you normally stuff wet things like a coat or hat in without really thinking.
03-20-2024, 12:57 PM
(03-11-2024 09:39 PM)BruceH Wrote:  I don't know what you did but the Prime retains memory even if the battery is removed so it wasn't the battery going flat that caused your problems.

To recover you could try pushing a paperclip into the reset hole on the back. This resets the calc but retains programs and data.

How can you stop it happening again? Making backups will help - it's explained in the manual and is quite simple but ask here if you have trouble. Backups on the calc survive an ON+APPS+ESC memory reset so even a major lock up won't result in too much being lost.

Lastly take care with the calc. You said you pulled it out the backpack and it had gone wrong? Well, remember that the USB port is not protected by the case so be careful if you normally stuff wet things like a coat or hat in without really thinking.

Do you think i can have a faulty unit?
It was always inside the case. It is weird thinking that it turned on and erased all the data by just accidentally clicking against the cover.
I was also thinking that in that week i made a trip, and the calculator was on my backpack all day, waking up and down, could the vibration be detrimental? I also thought about the idea of someone purposely erased it, but it doesn't make much sense...
Is there a way to save the backups in the pc? So i can write all my notes and programs again for once and for all.

Thanks for helping me ☺️
03-20-2024, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2024 05:22 PM by Steve Simpkin.)
(03-20-2024 12:57 PM)slysalamander Wrote:  
(03-11-2024 09:39 PM)BruceH Wrote:  I don't know what you did but the Prime retains memory even if the battery is removed so it wasn't the battery going flat that caused your problems.

Do you think i can have a faulty unit?
It was always inside the case. It is weird thinking that it turned on and erased all the data by just accidentally clicking against the cover.
I was also thinking that in that week i made a trip, and the calculator was on my backpack all day, waking up and down, could the vibration be detrimental? I also thought about the idea of someone purposely erased it, but it doesn't make much sense...
Is there a way to save the backups in the pc? So i can write all my notes and programs again for once and for all.

Thanks for helping me ☺️

You can use the HP Prime Connectivity Kit to backup/restore your HP Prime program/configuration to your computer via USB. You can also us a Virtual HP Prime on your computer for creating/debugging programs which can then be transferred to the Prime. The latest versions of these software applications can be downloaded here:
HP-related Programs for PC and MAC

The User Guide for the HP Prime Connectivity kit is available here:
HP Prime Connectivity Kit User Guide

You can do a search for examples of using the Connectivity kit. Here are a couple of example videos:
HP Prime Connectivity Kit Backup
HP Prime Initialization with Restore

The following site features comparison tables and photo galleries for various HP RPN LCD models. Here are some links to information and tutorials on the HP Prime.
HP Prime links
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)