RF App (modest) / Manual error
03-18-2024, 02:18 PM
RF App (modest) / Manual error
I have the start of an RF App in python at https://udel.edu/~mm/hp/rfCalcs.html. At the moment it is two menus, each with 3 items. As this note title says, modest, and error checking is equally modest. :-) If you work in RF, you might find it handy. I hope it continues to evolve. Please feel free to either add to it or contact me with ideas.

Along the way I discovered a small error in the manual regarding the PPL INPUT() command. The manual says [-1] indicates that any type can be accepted by an edit field. This results in error for me. The problem is solved by using integer as indicated by the PPL TYPE() command. Probably, [0] will be most commonly used.

The hardest part is not math but learning how to make and place UI items!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2024, 06:10 PM
RE: RF App (modest) / Manual error
Handy for radio amateurs too, thanks Mike.

Calum M0XCM

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2024, 06:56 PM
(03-18-2024 06:10 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  Handy for radio amateurs too, thanks Mike.

You're welcome, Calum, and no doubt you guessed that's why S meter units are in there. It's also a fun thing to confuse my non-amateur coworkers. :-D

Mike ab3ap
03-21-2024, 07:48 PM
A short note to say I added a couple more calculations to the app. I won't write everytime I do so. :-) But for those interested check the page on occasion since there's a good chance I'll continue to add more. Thanks.
03-22-2024, 06:36 PM
Your Prime python page is great, very informative! And the working code examples too. Thanks for posting/sharing!
Find all posts by this user
03-22-2024, 07:29 PM
You're very welcome, I'm happy you find it helpful! It can be expanded with tips and techniques we all make as Proud Prime Python Programmers. :-D

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)