Vector Disappeared
09-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Vector Disappeared
I accidentally hit the "Vect" soft key in the matrix editor. It turn out that the highlighted vector (M1) lost all of its elements, except for the first one.

so , [3,4,6,7, . . . ] turned into [[3]]. What now? Hitting "Vect" again returns [3]. ???

Maybe this was already discussed in previous posts, but it seems to me that the "Vect" toggle should convert a vector into a 1xn matrix, and not destroy the vector.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Vector Disappeared
(09-21-2014 03:57 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  I accidentally hit the "Vect" soft key in the matrix editor. It turn out that the highlighted vector (M1) lost all of its elements, except for the first one.

so , [3,4,6,7, . . . ] turned into [[3]]. What now? Hitting "Vect" again returns [3]. ???

Maybe this was already discussed in previous posts, but it seems to me that the "Vect" toggle should convert a vector into a 1xn matrix, and not destroy the vector.

I think your suggestion is a good one. Meanwhile, for what it's worth, there is an undocumented and unsupported pseudo-UNDO which USUALLY recovers from such accidents: Leaving the calculator turned on, press and hold On, press Symb, then release both. This will restore your Prime to the contents it had (more or less) when you last turned it off. If the vector was in memory when you last turned off the Prime, then Symb+On will recover it, no matter what's in it now. This two-edged sword is very sharp and irreversible, so only use it when recovery of something is absolutely necessary, because everything else will also be reset to last-turn-off status. This "helpful hint" might not sound like a good idea, but believe me, I accidentally wipe things out quite often, and I find this pseudo-UNDO feature very handy. Just get used to toggling power every once in a while.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2014, 01:16 AM
RE: Vector Disappeared
Thanks Joe - - I'll think about that next time!
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)