HP-65 Offset CPU Board
05-16-2024, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2024 12:02 PM by teenix.)
HP-65 Offset CPU Board
Hi all,

I was trying to swap a CPU board in a 65 to verify a faulty sense IC for someone. The original board was a bit tight, but the replacement board will not fit as the it seems to be further offset between the screw posts and the interconnect pins.

The plastic base plate is screwed in properly and centered in the top case half, so it is a bit odd, I've not seen this before.

Edit: I managed to push the plastic base plate to the right about as far as it would go, maybe about a millimeter, tightened it all down, and it seemed to help. The CPU board I have was able to be assembled, but sadly the sense chip might be faulty.

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2024, 10:05 AM
RE: HP-65 Offset CPU Board
Hi Tony,
the soldering of the contacts of the sense PCB look a bit suspect, did you resoldered them?
Ralf

/41/48/
05-17-2024, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2024 10:33 AM by teenix.)
(05-17-2024 10:05 AM)Hiwi Wrote:  Hi Tony,
the soldering of the contacts of the sense PCB look a bit suspect, did you resoldered them?
Ralf

I haven't changed them in any way, I checked keyboard and sense pins, and they look aligned ok. It looks like the keyboard PCB is offset to the left for some reason, but I moved it to the right as best I could and it lines up a little better.

cheers

Tony
05-17-2024, 01:21 PM
Hi Tony,
no i mean the soldering of the pins, which connect to the main PCB, they look a bit suspect.
I would resolder them, may be the sense amplifier has minor contact problems.

Ralf

/41/48/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)