Free42 and iCloud drive
05-22-2024, 03:17 AM
Free42 and iCloud drive
Hello. On the iPhone I have free42 to store its data in the iCloud Drive, although I still see it in the “On my iPhone” folders. When I transfer some files to this directory, from within the app I don’t see any of my files.
Example I have a skin I want to load to Free42. I added the skins to the “on my iPhone” free42/skins folder but from within free42 it does not show.
In iCloud Drive I don’t see Free42 or Plus42.
Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2024, 07:48 AM
RE: Free42 and iCloud drive
That is odd. Free42 doesn't support using cloud storage, so the Document Storage option in Settings → Free42 should not be available; whatever you set it to will simply be ignored.

I'm not opposed to supporting cloud storage, but that would be a new feature, and I'll have look into what that would entail in terms of code and UI changes. For now, the presence of the Document Storage option should be considered a bug.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2024, 10:22 AM
RE: Free42 and iCloud drive
It looks like the proper solution is to simply add support for cloud storage in Free42. It seems like this should be easy, but I have some reading to do to figure out what exactly needs to be done. I'll try to add this in the next releases of Free42 and Plus42.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)