HP35s Emulator for Android
05-22-2024, 04:56 PM
HP35s Emulator for Android
I am looking for an HP35s emulator for Android to have both the calculators I use also on my smartphone.
Unfortunately it seems to exist only an emulator for Windows.
Anybody has more information?

Thank you
Marco Polo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2024, 05:16 PM
RE: HP35s Emulator for Android
The Realcalc and Realcalc Plus (paid version) resembles the HP35s quite good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...l=en&gl=US

Esben
28s, 35s, 49G+, 50G, Prime G2 HW D, SwissMicros DM42, DM32, WP43 Pilot
Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61
05-22-2024, 08:10 PM
(05-22-2024 05:16 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  The Realcalc and Realcalc Plus (paid version) resembles the HP35s quite good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...l=en&gl=US
Thank you for your suggestion.
Anyway, I am looking for an emulator of the real calculator
05-22-2024, 09:01 PM
I only know of the HP 35s emulator for Windows.

The *closest* that I know of for Android is EMU42 emulating the HP-32SII. The HP 35s is an evolution of the HP-32s series, namely: HP-32S --> HP-32SII --> HP-33S --> HP 35s, and has many of the features of the HP 35s.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=US
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2024, 06:53 AM
This is a bad new.
I have had the 35s for many years and found it to be a good companion for the 50g.
After years of "indifference" i started digging through its features and found it better than my initial opinion. In particular I prefer its keyboard layout over the 32sII.
Ok, it does not have the appeal of the 15c or the DM32, its display can be better.
But the calculator does its job quite well, at least for my needs.
A connection to PC would have been useful, as well as an Android emulator.
05-23-2024, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2024 08:10 AM by Vincent Weber.)
(05-23-2024 06:53 AM)Marco Polo Wrote:  This is a bad new.
I have had the 35s for many years and found it to be a good companion for the 50g.
After years of "indifference" i started digging through its features and found it better than my initial opinion. In particular I prefer its keyboard layout over the 32sII.
Ok, it does not have the appeal of the 15c or the DM32, its display can be better.
But the calculator does its job quite well, at least for my needs.
A connection to PC would have been useful, as well as an Android emulator.

The closest you will find, and which IMHO is much better than the 35S, is Plus42 (the paid version of Free42).

It combines all the features of the 42S and those of the 27S, and as in the 32SII and the 35S, you can use equations in programs. Equations are much more developped than those on the 35S: not only has it the conditionals and the definite loops of the 27S, but it also added read acess to the stack registers as in the 35S, plus unique features of its own, making it a real powerful programming language: C-STYLE FOR loop with BREAK and CONTINUE, calling functions with local parameters and full recursion, read and write acess to lists (which can contain any type of objets), matrix litterals, full string manipulation... You can use RPN programs in equations and vice-versa, the sky is the limit !

It does everything the 35S does, in a much better fashion: no drastic limits on complex numbers, full programmability a la 42S + local variables and stack-preserving functions with FUNC...will astronomic speed, inifite memory, full I/O to exchange DATA with smart copy and paste, big screen, units, directories, plotting, the rocks !

The only (small) thing the 35S does that it does not is fraction mode. I find it pretty useless anyway, and it is easy to write a program that will display a number as a fraction.

Give it a try !

Cheers,

Vincent
05-23-2024, 12:13 PM
(05-23-2024 08:08 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  The closest you will find, and which IMHO is much better than the 35S, is Plus42 (the paid version of Free42).
It already lives in my phone and work laptop since beta testing phase.
Even if i really appreciate the work of the author and the commitment in improving the program and solving bugs, i still have to find a way to fall in love with it.
It got several features of the 48 hammered inside, but imho it is a strange hybrid which lost the RPN simplicity without achieving the flexibility, coherence and customizability of RPL.
It almost has all the features i use, but i find it less usable that 48/50. I suppose it is a matter of the original HP42s user interface, which shows some limits with the increase calculator complexity

I like the 35s because it is simple if compared to the 50g and for simple number crunching it is more agile to be used, just like driving in a city with a small K-Car vs a full size SUV.
Anyway, recently i am being attracted by 11/15c ;-)
05-23-2024, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2024 03:33 PM by Vincent Weber.)
(05-23-2024 12:13 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  
(05-23-2024 08:08 AM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  The closest you will find, and which IMHO is much better than the 35S, is Plus42 (the paid version of Free42).
It already lives in my phone and work laptop since beta testing phase.
Even if i really appreciate the work of the author and the commitment in improving the program and solving bugs, i still have to find a way to fall in love with it.
It got several features of the 48 hammered inside, but imho it is a strange hybrid which lost the RPN simplicity without achieving the flexibility, coherence and customizability of RPL.
It almost has all the features i use, but i find it less usable that 48/50. I suppose it is a matter of the original HP42s user interface, which shows some limits with the increase calculator complexity

I like the 35s because it is simple if compared to the 50g and for simple number crunching it is more agile to be used, just like driving in a city with a small K-Car vs a full size SUV.
Anyway, recently i am being attracted by 11/15c ;-)
I personally find the 42S much easier to use than both the 35S and the 48/49.

Even when it comes to number of keystrokes, you can have sticky menus, and there are a lot of cases when you actually need less keystrokes than on the 35S.

There is no loss of RPN simplicity, RPN is right there, and if this is the only thing you want to use, you can.

It is the 35S that I find clumsy: half-baked complex numbers support, no way to split them, not even rectangular /polar conversions, horrible interface for base-n numbers, no meaningful names for programs, disgraceful numbered menus instead of soft keys, multiple bugs that makes it untrustworthy ... The only aspect in which it beats the 42s hands-down, I admit, is appeearance, those slanted keys à la 15C are way cooler!

And I find RPL to be way too much complicated to use. You spend your time focusing on stack administration, rather than on your algorithm!

For me, Plus42 is the right balance, what a successor to the 41 should have been, rather than the 48:retain all RPN simplicity, add I/O and the very nice equation-based language from the 27S and the 19BII with more advanced features, the rocks!

Matter of taste I guess Smile

Cheers

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)