Statistical inference app import buggity?
06-10-2024, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2024 01:08 PM by cjsuk.)
Statistical inference app import buggity?
Doing some a simple one var z-test. Turns out the 1-var stats import is a bit, how shall we say, "hmm".

I'd expect the mu/sigma vars to be pulled from the 1-var stats app if you do an import but it brings the thing into the x-bar variable and completely misses sigma. n is at least populated correctly. This results in a little poking of the vars menu to get things into the app properly.

Or am I holding it wrong?

Rather like it though. It sucks considerably less than doing it in R!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2024, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2024 02:52 AM by jte.)
RE: Statistical inference app import buggity?
(06-10-2024 01:06 PM)cjsuk Wrote:  Doing some a simple one var z-test. Turns out the 1-var stats import is a bit, how shall we say, "hmm".

I'd expect the mu/sigma vars to be pulled from the 1-var stats app if you do an import but it brings the thing into the x-bar variable and completely misses sigma. n is at least populated correctly. This results in a little poking of the vars menu to get things into the app properly.

Or am I holding it wrong?

Rather like it though. It sucks considerably less than doing it in R!

Is it possible to give a short example of data and how interactions / results compare to expectations?

When I press "Import" from the Inference app's Numeric view (with a one-variable z test selected in the Inference app's Symbolic view), the screen that comes up has "Import Sample Statistics" as a title. As "sample" is in the title (rather than "population"), I'd think it is sample statistics (x bar and n) that are being imported rather than population parameters (mu and sigma). (Well, and x bar and n are shown in the import screen.) (That the data in the Statistics 1Var's Numeric view is sample data, not data for the entire population.)

Is a second type of import wanted (for when data is available for an entire population), or am I misunderstanding?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)