Program Catalog List Missing Program
06-19-2024, 04:26 PM
Program Catalog List Missing Program
Help,

I have created a program called QROOTS.

The italicized program name appears in the Catalog list after pressing the [1st-row, 2nd column] white key.

However, after pressing the [SHIFT] [1] key, it does not appear in the Program Catalog list.

Therefore, I cannot edit the program from the Soft Keys in the Program Catalog [SHIFT] [1].

Could someone please guide me through re-adding a program to the Program Catalog [SHIFT] [1] key so that I may edit it?

The program already exists in the Catalog list after pressing the [1st-row, 2nd column] key.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2024, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2024 02:03 AM by ftneek.)
RE: Program Catalog List Missing Program
The behavior you describe sounds as though QROOTS is a CAS program. If a program is declared using the syntax

Code:
#cas
QROOTS():=
BEGIN
END;
#end

then it is a CAS program. After you Press Check or Esc, a CAS Variable is created under [SHIFT][Toolbox/Mem] -> CAS Var. If you deleted the source file for a CAS program, the variable will still exist in memory unless you overwrite it or purge(var). If you select the variable and hit Enter or Edit, you should see how the program is stored in the CAS Var. You can try to copy and paste this code into a new program file as a starting point, though I'm not sure if you would need to make any changes.

It can be a good idea to use the Connectivity Kit occasionally to make a copy of your programs in case you accidentally delete or reset your calculator. You can access apps, programs, or variables stored on the Prime through the Connectivity Kit.

For some reason some of your replies/threads are being posted twice.

- neek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)