TULIP4041 Development Board available for ordering
07-09-2024, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2024 11:19 AM by MeindertKuipers.)
TULIP4041 Development Board available for ordering
Happy to announce that I will start accepting orders for the TULIP4041 Development Board from now. For details please have a look at this thread: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-21514.html.
The Development Board is a set of 2 PCB's, see the attachment for what you will get. You will get only the PCB's. The price for a set of PCB's is EUR 5 plus shipping. Payment via PayPal or direct Bank transfer (for Europeans).
To create a working version you need some soldering skills and buy a set of components at your own favourite electonics shop (costs about EUR 35, plus shipping), you will get a shopping list with DigiKey article numbers. In addition you need an HP41 module connector, which I cannot supply.
The initial firmware version will support HP-IL and HP-IL printing (with built-in PILbox emulation) to a USB port, Extended Memory and HP41 bus tracing, and functions will be added with new firmware versions. No special host software needed apart from a terminal emulator and the HP-IL virtual devices.

I will collect orders and expression of interest until about mid-August and then proceed to order the PCB's for shipment early September. Payment when item is ready for shipping. If you are in a hurry let me know, I have a limited set of PCB's available. Documentation is in preparation.

Please respond by DM (or by mail of you have my email address) and include your email address and shipping location, I will respond with the shopping list and estimated shipping costs. Technical questions are best asked in the mentioned forum thread so others benefit from the information.
The Module version of the TULIP4041 will be available by the end of this year.
[attachment=13701]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2024, 09:20 AM
RE: TULIP4041 Development Board available for ordering
Nice to see this new project. I'm interested and I sent you a PM.
07-11-2024, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2024 09:10 PM by Karel.)
PM sent.
07-12-2024, 09:06 AM
Just to make things clear: this is for a development version of the TULIP4041, and just a set of PCB's. The whole thing will dangle outside the HP41 and also will NOT fit in a cardreader housing. Later this year I will announce availability of the Module version. This is a device in the form of a long module (like the HP-IL module) and is completely assembled and comes with a 3D printed housing. Only the HP41 module connector must be self supplied and soldered (or you send me a module or connector and I will solder it for you). And you have to add your own micro SD card.
For those with limited soldering skills I would advise to wait for the module version. There are a few minor functional differences between the Development version and the Module version that I will document later.

Regards, Meindert
07-12-2024, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2024 06:59 PM by Etienne Victoria.)
Very clear and no worries.

Pm sent for the development board version.

Thank you.

E.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2024, 07:08 PM
Yep! / crystal clear / PM sent / Thanks you! / Sylvain

Sylvain Côté
07-15-2024, 03:15 PM
Thanks get one .
Paolo Reda
Via dall'Ongaro 25
20122 Milano

iz2amw(at)gmail.com

let me know your Paypal and $$

Thanks a lot
Paolo
07-15-2024, 03:29 PM
(07-15-2024 03:15 PM)PaoloReda Wrote:  Thanks get one .
Paolo Reda
Via ***********
20122 Milano

********(at)gmail.com

let me know your Paypal and $$

Thanks a lot
Paolo

Better leave your personal info in a private message, Paolo.

A former Via Sidoli inhabitant... ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2024, 06:22 PM
PM sent. Thank you.

Randy
N4TVC
Virginia
USA
07-21-2024, 01:49 PM
For those interested, I have added a repository to my GitHub for all documents about the TULIP4041 DevBoard. Added are the BOM (for your own ordering) and schematics. Build instructions and firmware will also be posted here: https://github.com/mjakuipers/TULIP-DevBoard
Please be aware that this PCB has not been produced yet and therefore not verified!
Still accepting orders and interest until mid August, after that I will order the PCB's.

Regards, Meindert

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)