PX11C Display Dimming
07-09-2024, 10:11 PM
PX11C Display Dimming
For some reason the top 1mm of my display is dimming (About half the brightness). It starts about 30 sec after I press on and runs thru the top half of the date and time. I haven't noticed it before and have had the calculator for about 3 months. It seems to be intermittent and starts about a 30 sec after you turn the calculator on. Also the calculator turns off about 45 sec later.
Backlight is set to 9
Sleep set to 121
Contrast is 4

Randy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2024, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2024 12:29 PM by PeteMoore.)
RE: PX11C Display Dimming
Have you tried replacing the battery? lithium 2032 batteries are mass produced in vast quantities and quality may be variable.
Cheers
07-10-2024, 04:49 PM
Couple of the Forum articles talked about the battery. Gave it a shot and that seemed to have worked, we will see, course it dumped the calculator. Didn't have anything in it so no big deal but will have to keep that in mind for next time. You wouldn't happen to know how long the battery lasts ~?
Thanks for the quick reply
Randy
07-10-2024, 09:48 PM
(07-10-2024 04:49 PM)knife31 Wrote:  You wouldn't happen to know how long the battery lasts ~?
Thanks for the quick reply
Randy

The battery life of the PX calculators can vary significantly depending on usage, but I can give you some general estimates:
A typical CR2032 from a reputable manufacturer like Panasonic or Energizer has a capacity of about 235mAh.

PX calculators generally draw:
1µA when off (just keeping time)
350µA when idle with the display on
3mA when actively calculating (without backlight or speaker)

Based on these figures:
In the off state, just keeping time, the battery could last several years.
When on but not performing calculations, it should last several weeks.
If constantly running calculations, the battery might last a couple of hours.

Keep in mind that using the backlight or speaker frequently will significantly reduce battery life, as they are very power-intensive.
These are rough estimates and actual battery life can vary.
07-11-2024, 12:58 AM
Thanks a bunch.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)