HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
07-24-2024, 05:53 AM
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
(07-23-2024 05:05 PM)G. Cook Wrote:  The title indicates that this is a "Beta" Firmware Revision release. When will the "Official" release be made?

Before the start of the new school season in September.

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2024, 12:21 PM
Cool to see a new firmware Smile I need to test it on my G1 that has been in "the calculator box" untouched last 7 years

My website: ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2024, 12:57 PM
Good to see some improvement on the Python app.

To the person who wants to part with their Prime over Python, PM me. Maybe I can take it off your hands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2024, 02:28 AM
(07-24-2024 05:53 AM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  
(07-23-2024 05:05 PM)G. Cook Wrote:  The title indicates that this is a "Beta" Firmware Revision release. When will the "Official" release be made?

Before the start of the new school season in September.

Cool! Not that my work is intense, but the update has locked up “just” once when running s simple Python program. In that instance a paper clip reset did the trick.
07-25-2024, 04:53 AM
Bonjour

Moi aussi, j'ai eu plusieurs fois la calculatrice bloquée (reset par le dos) sur ma G2.
Je ne peux pas décrire une manipulation exacte, mais à chaque fois cela s'est produit sur l'écran des applications en voulant quitter 'PYTHON' pour une autre application suite à l'exécution de quelques scripts dont certains ont produits des erreurs.
Cependant aucune perte de données à déplorer.

Hello

I too have had the calculator freeze several times (reset by the back) on my G2.
I can't describe the exact operation, but each time it happened on the applications screen when I wanted to quit ‘PYTHON’ for another application after running a few scripts, some of which produced errors.
However, there was no loss of data.

Sorry for my english
07-25-2024, 03:52 PM
(07-25-2024 04:53 AM)Tyann Wrote:  I can't describe the exact operation, but each time it happened on the applications screen when I wanted to quit ‘PYTHON’ for another application after running a few scripts, some of which produced errors.

The problem you're referring to occurs when you use the PPL wrapper (region #PYTHON #END) to run Python code from within a PPL program. If you have the Python app active when you run the PPL program that executes Python code (in Home mode or using the Program Catalog), changing the app afterward causes a crash.
To avoid this issue, make sure to have an app other than Python active when you run a PPL program that executes Python code.

Piotr Kowalewski
07-25-2024, 05:26 PM
Bonjour komame

Merci pour l'explication, effectivement c'est bien ce qu'il se passe. Je suppose que Jeff est au courant et que ce sera corrigé.
Si je peux faire une suggestion, ce serait bien que lorsque que l'on créer un fichier 'Python' dans l'éditeur de programme, les menus tmplt et cmds changent et deviennent comme dans l'application 'Python' avec toutes les commandes 'Python' et non 'PPL', cela faciliterait beaucoup l'entrée du code.

Hello komame

Thanks for the explanation, that's exactly what's happening. I assume that Jeff is aware of this and that it will be corrected.
If I can make a suggestion, it would be good if when you create a ‘Python’ file in the program editor, the ‘tmplt’ and ‘cmds’ menus changed and became like in the ‘Python’ application with all the ‘Python’ commands and not ‘PPL’, that would make it much easier to enter the code.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Sorry for my english
07-25-2024, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2024 06:13 PM by amindanial.)
I think the battery charge indicator needs to be reviewed for more accuracy.
07-25-2024, 07:35 PM
Is the Android app also being worked on?
07-26-2024, 05:55 AM
(07-25-2024 07:35 PM)carlo0501 Wrote:  Is the Android app also being worked on?

Yes.

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
07-27-2024, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2024 06:48 PM by amindanial.)
I think drawing the Slopefield with arrows as in XCAS not just straight segments will be better. Arrows present fields more clearly. I hope to update the Slopefield in both the Geometry and CAS views. In addition, different plot commands in CAS viewed produce graphs that are not easily rescaled by touching the screen as in the case of the Geometry view. I hope to review the graphs in CAS view as well.
07-27-2024, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2024 12:25 AM by ftneek.)
(07-27-2024 06:35 PM)amindanial Wrote:  In addition, different plot commands in CAS viewed produce graphs that are not easily rescaled by touching the screen as in the case of the Geometry view. I hope to review the graphs in CAS view as well.

Edit: can you give an example? I tried and was able to rescale.

- neek
07-29-2024, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2024 06:30 PM by amindanial.)
(07-27-2024 07:09 PM)ftneek Wrote:  
(07-27-2024 06:35 PM)amindanial Wrote:  In addition, different plot commands in CAS viewed produce graphs that are not easily rescaled by touching the screen as in the case of the Geometry view. I hope to review the graphs in CAS view as well.

Edit: can you give an example? I tried and was able to rescale.

Use plotfunc(x^2) in both Geometry app. and CAS view. And in each case pinch open and closed to zoom in or out, respectively, using two fingers. Zooming in or out within Geometry app. is accurate and responsive. However, within CAS view zooming in or out is not good as in Geometry app.
08-01-2024, 03:05 PM
hello
Is there a new version of the hp-prime simulator to test the new firmware?
08-01-2024, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2024 07:34 PM by Insoft.)
Is the Help section being looked at, like TEXTSIZE the help key brings up the help for TEXTOUT

They are also a few typo errors for other functions.
08-04-2024, 04:26 PM
(07-22-2024 12:51 PM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  Please see the new updated version of the beta, version 1504: https://www.moravia-parts.com/hp-prime/beta-b.html

Python App
- - - - - -

Thanks for the update, specifically on Python. As I had been ranting about Python on Prime at the last HHUC I feel compelled to give a first impression of my cursory checks.

When I published my program Lindenmayer Fractals I gave a strong warning, that this program could wipe your Prime's memory. "Clearing Memory ... success". I guess the memory got corrupted by Python.

Now, I loaded this program again and did some testing in those areas I experienced the problems mostly. That is alternating between running the program and doing some editing, again and again. Doing this, very frequently resulted in crashes and eventually in memory loss.

For over half an hour intensive hammering, there was NO crash at all. Only once in the beginning I had a freeze but a reset solved it and it didn't occur again.

Seems some thing with memory organization in Python has been done. GREAT

I'll continue torturing Python ...

Again, thanks for the update. Now I'm waiting for further improvements.

Günter
08-05-2024, 03:56 AM
(08-04-2024 04:26 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  I'll continue torturing Python ...

Hi Günter,

have you tried torturing it by printing your name?
print("Günter")

I'm sure you know what I mean Wink

Piotr Kowalewski
08-13-2024, 09:47 PM
I just applied the beta FW on a G2 and I'm seeing significant screen flicker with the refresh set about 50% that I wasn't seeing with the latest production release. Setting the screen refresh rate to maximum seems to have mitigated most of the flicker.
08-14-2024, 08:41 PM
(08-13-2024 09:47 PM)granitepenguin Wrote:  I just applied the beta FW on a G2 and I'm seeing significant screen flicker with the refresh set about 50% that I wasn't seeing with the latest production release. Setting the screen refresh rate to maximum seems to have mitigated most of the flicker.
'On' + 'Shift' + '+'
in that order to increase refresh rate. ('-' to decrease)
08-15-2024, 07:25 AM
Apologies for the basic question, but where do I copy the firmware file to in order for the HP Connectivity program to copy it to the Prime, please?

Chris

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)