Repair work on the mechanics of the thermal printer HP-82143A
07-20-2024, 01:28 PM
Repair work on the mechanics of the thermal printer HP-82143A
Along with the HP-41C, the HP-82143A thermal printer was introduced on July 1, 1979. Even with the proverbial HP quality of the time, it should come as no surprise that after 45 years, one or two parts of the printing mechanism need to be replaced. HP has published the "HP 82143A Printer Service Manual" for this purpose. There are also numerous printed instructions and videos on the Internet. "Armed" with some of these, I set about replacing the rubber pressure rollers for the paper transport, which were no longer functioning, and came across a number of pitfalls and omissions in these instructions, some of which led to serious problems. In the following article, I would like to try to describe the disassembly, repair and reassembly of the printer as precisely as possible so that you, dear reader, can (hopefully) be spared these problems and the headaches associated with them.

Due to upload limitations in this forum I had to split the article into 2 pdf-files. The article is available in German and English. The English version is attached below. For the German version there is not enough disk space (only 8 MB per member).

If you'd like to read the German version, please send me a PM with your e-mail-address and I will send you a copy.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Part_2_Repair_work_on_the_mechanics_of_the_thermal_printer_HP_82143A.pdf (Size: 1.83 MB / Downloads: 47)
.pdf  Part_1_Repair_work_on_the_mechanics_of_the_thermal_printer_HP_82143A.pdf (Size: 1.67 MB / Downloads: 54)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)