Continuing my Retro-Mod Series
08-10-2024, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2024 06:21 AM by jgbackes.)
Continuing my Retro-Mod Series
Hi,

I spent an hour this afternoon going through all of my HP-65 card packs and converting them to look like the HP-67 cards packs.

Here are some pictures. Let me know if you're interested I can post PDFs of the packs I've Retro-moded so far.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13804]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13805]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13807]

jeff

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

My Current Stable: HP-65, HP-67, HP-97, HP-41c, HP-35s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2024, 10:05 AM
RE: Continuing my Retro-Mod Series
Hello,

(08-10-2024 05:05 AM)jgbackes Wrote:  I spent an hour this afternoon going through all of my HP-65 card packs and converting them to look like the HP-67 cards packs.

Why do you do that? HP-65 packs are older, rarer, more precious and more sought after than 67 packs.

Regards
Max
08-10-2024, 10:41 AM
I think they look great and are MUCH more user-friendly than trying to pick a card out of a deck in the old 65 plastic boxes.

I'm not saying ditch the old ones. Keep them as they are part of the history. But if you are going to use your 65 for more than anything trivial, temporarily load the cards into a 67/97 flip holder so you can easily find the card you need.

I've done this many times over the years, but not with the nice printed label.
-John
08-10-2024, 12:17 PM
I agree with both Max and John.

Keep the original cases.

But please do share the PDFs! As John says it's far more convenient to identify, select and extract a card from a card wallet with nice colorful index cards than dumping the case and resorting the cards.

--Bob Prosperi
08-10-2024, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2024 05:30 PM by carolinahomes.)
I'd love to get my hands on that pdf and hopefully the table of contents is an excel file because I've had an idea to compile my most used cards into a single 67 card holder. Beautiful template, I'm going to modify it!

In terms of additional user friendliness I use a modified Savoy cassette carrying case with the proper custom foam padding cut-outs to carry my 65 and peripherals. These cases can easily be found for under $10 in the local thrift shops and they have incredibly durable metal hardware and a nice handle.

35 - 45 - 65 - 48sx/gx - xpander - dm42
08-13-2024, 03:42 AM
Howdy folks,

Well, as you can imagine I was surprised that anyone would think I would be tossing out the old cases. This is just a way for me to keep the cards in an easier to read/grab container. I have lots and lots of the "newer" cases".

People used to look at me weird when I took all of the CDs out of their cases so that I could put them in easier for me to use CD Books. Then people thought I was weird when I took all my by CDs and converted them to lossless audio and put them on my computer. Then they thought I was weird when I downsampled copies to put on my iPod.

I guess I'm just weird!

So for those of you that are interested AND NOT ANYONE ELSE here are a few of the covers that I made up.

Jeff

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HP-65 Program Card Pac.pdf (Size: 375.02 KB / Downloads: 17)
.pdf  HP-65 Math Pac 1.pdf (Size: 371.06 KB / Downloads: 13)
.pdf  HP-65 Math Pac 2 Table of Contents.pdf (Size: 164.38 KB / Downloads: 14)
.pdf  HP-65 Math Pac 2.pdf (Size: 367.37 KB / Downloads: 5)

My Current Stable: HP-65, HP-67, HP-97, HP-41c, HP-35s

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)