41Z DeLuxe 2x2 module issue?
08-01-2024, 09:42 PM
41Z DeLuxe 2x2 module issue?
Hello

I first asked this question in the Swiss Micros forum, and Bob Prosperi suggested I contact Angel directly, but I can't find an email address, so I'll post it here in the hope that he reads it. Bob suggests that the problem may not be specific to the DM41X, and may affect genuine HP41 users.

I tried the 41Z complex number module that is provided in the collection of modules my Angel Martin, in my DM41X when I first got it in 2022, but I found a strange behaviour with the "factorization" of complex numbers, so I tried a few other versions found elsewhere than at the Swiss Micros site and found a "Non-Deluxe" version that didn't have the issue and have been using it ever since.

After the recent firmware upgrade to 2.2 I noticed that Angel's modules were also marked as "updated" so I tried again, but the problem still persists in the version currently provided via Swiss Micros.

The issue is to do with the display of complex numbers where the display shows them in a factororized format when the real and imaginary parts are equal.

This is correct done, for example with a number Z = 5 + j5 where the display shows 5(1 + j)

However entering (or obtaining by calculation) a number such as 50 + j5 leads to the display 50( 1 + j ) which is incorrect. I also see the same error for a numbers like 500 + j50 which displays as 500(1 + j)

This "bug" appears when I use the modules

41Z DeLuxe BS2x2
Library#4 Rev.R60

provided at Swiss Micros.

Using a different version of 41Z (ver 4L) which appears not to require Library4. I don't see the problem.

Z = 5 + j5 is displayed as 5( 1 + j )

and

Z = 50 + j 5 is displayed as 50 + j5

Am I doing something wrong with the "Deluxe" version from Swiss Micros, or can someone confirm the same behaviour?

Cheers

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)