Creating "missing" program card
08-21-2024, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2024 04:49 PM by jgbackes.)
Creating "missing" program card
Hi,

There are a few of the used program Pacs I have purchased for my 65, 67, and 97 that are missing one or more of the cards that should have come with the Pac.

I can enter the programs by hand using the keyboard on the calculator… but I also have on my folders on my Mac that contain all of the .hpp files, text files and .bmp files for each of the cards.

Is there a way to transfer these files from my Mac to the calculator and then save the contents to Magnetic Card?

I have recently purchased a few circuit boards from https://www.teenix.org and it looks like they have bluetooth they have a windows application but nothing for the Mac.

I have the two HP simulators (RPN-65 Pro, and RPN-67 Pro) download and they work great. If only they supported communication with these updated boards.

I've written lots of code for USB and RS-232 (in my youth). I don't know much about bluetooth other than it's yet another protocol for sending data from one device to another.

I'd love to talk to some about adding to RPN-65 Pro, and RPN-67 Pro.

jeff

My Current Stable: HP-65, HP-67, HP-97, HP-41c, HP-35s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2024, 08:07 AM
RE: Creating "missing" program card
Assuming the *.hpp card files are the same format I use, and if you can write such a MAC program, I have the card file formats and protocol to read/write card data to the CPU boards for the 65, 67 and 97. This protocol is unlikely to change in the future.

The card files will have to be loaded/saved/processed by this program which also has to provide access to a serial port for data transfers. The port can be hard wired via an FTDI USB - Serial convertor module direct to the CPU board, or via the MAC's Bluetooth channel once it is paired with the CPU board.

If you did proceed, I would recommend using the FTDI module, they are only a few $ on the web. It will be faster for code development, and it also powers the CPU board when removed from the calculator.

I can't remember exactly, but I think someone already did this, maybe it was for Linux.

Care must be exercised when sending data to the CPU board. It's unlikely, but erroneous data may cause the CPU operating system to be corrupted - fixable by a full re-flash.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)