How to store graphics in a variable
10-01-2014, 08:57 AM
How to store graphics in a variable
Hello

Is it possible to store the Screen Content in a permanent variable like "pic" and not in a volatile one like 'G1' .... 'G9'?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: How to store graphics in a variable
For me, the 'built-in' variables are scratchpad. All the apps that have them can be cloned and other user-created variables can be used to store pretty much anything the calculator understands.

I have used the 'notes' to store data that I don't want to lose, but don't need to be accessible to the calculator. Depending on the format of your data, that may work.

The following might be helpful as the Prime can hold many things in a list besides numbers.

Here's the fastest way I've found (so far) to move a large amount of number-data onto the Prime:

1) Starting in Excel, copy the relevant data onto a new workbook (it should be a block RxC and all numbers)
2) 'Save As' the new workbook (pick a filename) as a 'CSV' file (this inserts a comma between data values)
3) Use a text editor (not a word processor) to bulk-change the hidden 'paragraph mark' at the end of each line to a 'comma'
4) Copy the edited text, 'select all' works for me
5) With your Prime hooked up to the Connection Kit, use the CK to open a new 'Note' on your Prime and double-click it
6) Paste the edited text into the note, close the note and 'save' the changes

You now have a 'note' file on your prime with the numbers in comma-separated text. Use Prime's 'copy' 'all' to get your data. Then on the command line enter '{ }' and paste the data in and (not so fast . . .) first clear the blue 'shift' (I don't know why, it just needs doing) and then press 'enter'.

Now you have a long list of numbers. Use 'list2mat' to create a matrix (use the number of columns to size it) or do whatever you want with the list.

Note: the spreadsheet app can hold a huge matrix in a single cell and it can be accessed from most places on the prime. (If matrix is your thing.)

This is cleaner for me than putting lists into the Stats Apps and accessing from there, but the Prime can handle the data.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2014, 05:19 AM
RE: How to store graphics in a variable
Hello,

(10-01-2014 08:57 AM)ww63 Wrote:  Is it possible to store the Screen Content in a permanent variable like "pic" and not in a volatile one like 'G1' .... 'G9'?

No, not really...

HOWEVER, and I have not tested it honestly, try creating an icon of 320*240 in your program, and then try blitting G0 onto that icon, it might work (I have not verified the code, so I am not 100% sure)...

This would make a copy of G0 for as long as this icon is not re-initialized (ie, until the program is recompiled). This means that it will stay there over OFF/ON cycles...

cyrille
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)