ROM dumps for TI-74 and TI-95?
09-06-2024, 04:04 PM
ROM dumps for TI-74 and TI-95?
Is anyone aware of ROM dumps for the few ROMs which were made for the TI-74 and TI-95?

I mean if there were to be new RAM / FLASH cart available for these machines it would be nice to have the ROMs, yes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2024, 07:37 PM
RE: ROM dumps for TI-74 and TI-95?
A kind soul emailed me 3 of them: Finance, Math, and Pascal. Three more to go.

Of course, the new cart is dependent on the connector working and all the parts fitting in such a small space (including the housing.) The original connector looks to have been custom made for TI.
09-06-2024, 10:06 PM
This is welcome news and quick progress! I have searched for the Pascal module for the TI-74 and have looked forward to being disappointed by it for a long time... They're never as good at they sound...

--Bob Prosperi
09-07-2024, 01:07 PM
Checkout the AtariAge forums as they’ve made cartridges and have the measurements.

I’ll take at least one if you build these.

(09-06-2024 07:37 PM)Jeff_Birt Wrote:  A kind soul emailed me 3 of them: Finance, Math, and Pascal. Three more to go.

Of course, the new cart is dependent on the connector working and all the parts fitting in such a small space (including the housing.) The original connector looks to have been custom made for TI.

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2024, 04:12 PM
(09-06-2024 10:06 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I have searched for the Pascal module for the TI-74 and have looked forward to being disappointed by it for a long time... They're never as good at they sound...

As a non-native speaker I’m not sure I understand correctly. Is it “I have a TI-74 Pascal module, it’s a worthless piece of crap, please someone take it off my hands”? If yes then here I am, ready to help! ;-)
09-07-2024, 04:14 PM
(09-07-2024 01:07 PM)dmh Wrote:  I’ll take at least one if you build these.
I’d be interested as well!
09-07-2024, 10:57 PM
(09-07-2024 04:12 PM)vaklaff Wrote:  
(09-06-2024 10:06 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I have searched for the Pascal module for the TI-74 and have looked forward to being disappointed by it for a long time... They're never as good at they sound...

As a non-native speaker I’m not sure I understand correctly. Is it “I have a TI-74 Pascal module, it’s a worthless piece of crap, please someone take it off my hands”? If yes then here I am, ready to help! ;-)

No, I do not have one, and I have been looking for a long time, but most of these rare-as-unicorn dropping items end up being very disappointing once you finally get one. Usually, it's because it was not a great product, and didn't sell well, so only a few of them were in owner's hands, which is why they are few and far between today. A Pascal interpreter sounds like it will fit this pattern exactly. Who really thinks it's awesome in every way and flew off the shelf, but somehow have all disappeared over the years?

--Bob Prosperi
09-08-2024, 05:32 AM
(09-07-2024 10:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  No, I do not have one, and I have been looking for a long time
Right, I carefully reread and reparsed your previous message and it’s clear! 40 years of learning English and I still have to give full attention to every word…

And your reasoning for the scarcity makes sense, of course. Maybe those things are more useful now, just by bringing delight to us who want play :-)
09-08-2024, 07:32 AM
I have the Learn Pascal module.

Here’s the article I wrote years ago (originally written in French).

https://www-emmella-fr.translate.goog/pa...r_pto=wapp

My site http://www.emmella.fr
09-08-2024, 09:18 AM
(09-08-2024 07:32 AM)badaze Wrote:  I have the Learn Pascal module.

Very nice overview, thanks!
09-08-2024, 12:31 PM
(09-08-2024 07:32 AM)badaze Wrote:  I have the Learn Pascal module.

Thanks for sharing this, and nice use of color throughout in the code to track the explanations and illustrate the items being explained. I've only just skimmed the article now but I will read it later, and may (gasp!) even print it to retain a copy. From the quick glance and summary comments, it appears this may not be as disappointing as I feared, and hopefully Jeff's efforts to clone this will be able to prove this true. Thank you for the article and the translation!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)