Questiuon about the Panamatik board on woodstock calculators
09-15-2024, 04:11 PM
Questiuon about the Panamatik board on woodstock calculators
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to control the keyboard response timing on Woodstock calculators with the Panamatik board. I vagely remember that pressing certain keys (while turning on the calculator, perhaps?) can alter the timing of the keyboard response to prevent double registration upon pressing a key (especially the digit keys).

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2024, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2024 06:40 PM by AnnoyedOne.)
RE: Questiuon about the Panamatik board on woodstock calculators
(09-15-2024 04:11 PM)Namir Wrote:  I vagely remember that pressing certain keys...

I recently downloaded/read the Panamatik manual (PDF) which describes them.

http://www.panamatik.de/ACTManual.pdf

I'd try that. I don't remember reading about that functionality...

A1

PS: The above link is to "July 2023, Rev. 1.18" of the manual. The oldest I found (on archive.org) was "Jan 2017. Rev. 1.10". It looks like the CPU speed can still be switched between fast and slow but the "use the original ROM" one (that could slow execution even more) has been removed. Perhaps one or both could resolve key bounce.

HP-15C (2234A02xxx), HP-16C (2403A02xxx), HP-15C CE (9CJ323-03xxx), HP-20S (2844A16xxx), HP-12C+ (9CJ251)

09-15-2024, 10:07 PM
I have 2 key de-bounce settings on the Teenix board, but it is not guaranteed to fix bouncy keys. It depends on what is causing the problem.

For example, if the metal key membrane attached to the keyboard is getting weak or deformed though use over the years, it doesn't always "snap" on or off when the key is used. This may cause multiple key connections that are outside the scope of a debounce delay. If this delay is increased too much, then you start to lose key responsiveness.

Sometimes a good clean can help.

The Classics had a key de-bounce delay as part of the operating code, but the later models omitted this.

cheers

Tony
09-15-2024, 10:17 PM
Unless Bernhard has updated his software, I have not seen a debounce setting on the panamatik boards.

There is however, arepeat function on some of the keys like BST and SST when you hold them down. That is thanks to the RTC built into his boards for the clock function.

HP 41C/CX/CL at work. The rest for playtime!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)