Collatz Conjecture
10-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Collatz Conjecture
My wife and I are on a cruise ship visiting Asia (South Korea today). Our room number is C421 which reminds of the Collatz conjecture (the letter C) with the last typical three digits, 4, 2, and 1 of most Collatz sequences. I never mention our room number without thinking of Joe Horn, since he made a presentation about Collatz conjecture at HHC2014.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Collatz Conjecture
(10-08-2014 11:52 PM)Namir Wrote:  My wife and I are on a cruise ship visiting Asia (South Korea today). Our room number is C421 which reminds of the Collatz conjecture (the letter C) with the last typical three digits, 4, 2, and 1 of most Collatz sequences. I never mention our room number without thinking of Joe Horn, since he made a presentation about Collatz conjecture at HHC2014.

For those of you (like me) that wondered what this is, following is link to thread that has a link to Joe's presentation on You Tube.

Collatz Thread

Bill
10-09-2014, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:40 AM by rprosperi.)
(10-08-2014 11:52 PM)Namir Wrote:  My wife and I are on a cruise ship visiting Asia (South Korea today). Our room number is C421 which reminds of the Collatz conjecture (the letter C) with the last typical three digits, 4, 2, and 1 of most Collatz sequences. I never mention our room number without thinking of Joe Horn, since he made a presentation about Collatz conjecture at HHC2014.

Wow, you're a real romantic Namir. As your wife sees you deeply contemplating your cruise ship room number and is thinking 'wow, this is a really special time we're having' I suggest you do not mention Joe's name, Collatz conjecture or not. Wink Wink

--Bob Prosperi
10-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Ha!

Good one Bob! Namir you old romantic dog, you! Check out the DMZ tunnels, but only if the return tram is working; it is a long walk back up from the North Korean tunnels. I bet there is a curve formulae that would express it and you could work on it mentally as you walked back up to the open air.

Of course, watching Joe's talk was like watching an epiphany, very thrilling and an excellent choice for best speaker.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)