HP Prime: program management
12-15-2013, 05:44 PM
HP Prime: program management
My friends:

Two simple suggestions for corrections (if possible) in the next update of soft:

1. Allow the programs to be saved in each library of applications created. Facilitate the management of programs.
2. Equations that are in Sets follow the backup. On resetting the Security Copy gets lost all the equations stored in Sets.

Thank You

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: HP Prime: program management
Two things here:

1. There are still a ton of people trying to use "programs" in the same way as they work on the 48 series. We really envisioned each program file to contain a collection of routines, data, and so on rather then a single function or two. I agree that some improvement around organization might be helpful, but I am not certain what form this should take at all...

2. Not really understanding you here. What are you referring to with "sets" or "Security copy".

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-16-2013, 09:55 PM
(12-15-2013 11:08 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Two things here:

1. There are still a ton of people trying to use "programs" in the same way as they work on the 48 series. We really envisioned each program file to contain a collection of routines, data, and so on rather then a single function or two. I agree that some improvement around organization might be helpful, but I am not certain what form this should take at all...

2. Not really understanding you here. What are you referring to with "sets" or "Security copy".

I think one thing that may help, though, is to have "programs" really be called "projects." Each source file is really a container for a project consisting of various programs and subroutines that are related to each other.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-24-2013, 09:21 PM
(12-16-2013 09:55 PM)Han Wrote:  
(12-15-2013 11:08 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Two things here:

I think one thing that may help, though, is to have "programs" really be called "projects." Each source file is really a container for a project consisting of various programs and subroutines that are related to each other.

I would really like to see a folder system similiar to that on the HP50g or the Ti89 titanium. Right now there is no way to organize that 256meg of memory. Even the Casio fx-cg10 Prizm has a folder system in it's storage memory area. Is there any other programming language today that puts, so to speak, all it's eggs in one basket? This method of programming with all the subroutines and functions in the same file, reminds me of the way BASIC programs were written back in the 70's, only then it was done with line numbers, and every thing was global, there were no functions or LOCAL variables. Every time you go into that file to edit it, you run the risk of messing up something you didn't intend to mess up. I really don't want to go back to that type of programming. At least with smaller programs, if you unintentionally mess something up, you have less code to look through to find the problem.
rcf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)