HP Calculator website seems broken
10-17-2014, 01:01 PM
HP Calculator website seems broken
I visited the HP Calculator site looking for some info, and was surprised by the result. I went to http://www.hp.com/calculators, which redirects to the normal calculator home page (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/prodserv/calculator.html). If you click on the Learn More links below each of the calculator categories (Scientific, Financial, Graphing) unfortunately, you get taken to some generic HP Accessories web-store, the same place the Shop Online orange box brings you.

Hopefully this is not intentional ?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: HP Calculator website seems broken
Yap, it seems the are doing some kind of maintenance on their portals (I hope!).

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

10-17-2014, 01:28 PM
(10-17-2014 01:01 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I visited the HP Calculator site looking for some info, and was surprised by the result.

The maintainence of the outward facing web sites at HP has had a long and checkered history. On top of the extreme difficulty of maintaining hundreds of publicly visible web sites at a company the size of HP, I imagine the pending spilt may have thrown a large wrench into the process. On the other hand, it could just be the normal bumbling we've seen in the past.

Regards,
Howard
10-17-2014, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 03:28 PM by Katie Wasserman.)
I'm sure it's just HP screwing up its website and often happens. However you can still get to the calculators section by following this link.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2014, 05:59 PM
(10-17-2014 03:27 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  I'm sure it's just HP screwing up its website and often happens. However you can still get to the calculators section by following this link.

At the moment that link shows two versions of the HP Prime - one with product code G8X92AA and one with product code NW280AA. There's no difference as far as I can tell. Is this part of the current site SNAFU or have their been two 'versions' before?
10-18-2014, 08:17 AM
The newer G8X92AA Prime model was announced several months ago, there are significant differences between the NW280AA PCB and the G8X92AA PCB, according to another topic here.
10-18-2014, 01:00 PM
So I checked with the person who does the website (who was already aware and working to fix things), and apparently the back end "store" changed and no longer accepted filters in links. This made it so things stopped working. Hopefully it will be able to be resolved soon.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-18-2014, 01:20 PM
(10-18-2014 01:00 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  So I checked with the person who does the website (who was already aware and working to fix things), and apparently the back end "store" changed and no longer accepted filters in links. This made it so things stopped working. Hopefully it will be able to be resolved soon.

Thanks for checking Tim, I was pretty sure it was something like this, but thought 'outing' it here would help give you support to get it fixed.

I would definitely *not* want to be responsible for coordinating all of the literally 10's of thousands of HP sub-sites, a real nightmare.

hth

--Bob Prosperi
10-18-2014, 05:06 PM
(10-18-2014 08:17 AM)debrouxl Wrote:  The newer G8X92AA Prime model was announced several months ago, there are significant differences between the NW280AA PCB and the G8X92AA PCB, according to another topic here.
is it a matter of wireless connectivity?
10-18-2014, 08:27 PM
(10-18-2014 05:06 PM)aurelio Wrote:  is it a matter of wireless connectivity?

Indirectly.

TW

10-23-2014, 08:17 PM
It is fixed as of 2 days ago should anyone care...

TW

10-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the update!

There's really just one person in charge of the HP (inc) site?
10-24-2014, 06:56 PM
(10-23-2014 08:17 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It is fixed as of 2 days ago should anyone care...

And still they only offer the NW version of the Prime. Sad

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-24-2014, 11:55 PM
(10-23-2014 09:19 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  There's really just one person in charge of the HP (inc) site?

Nope - just our little tiny tiny corner of it.

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)