Klutz at work!
10-28-2014, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 06:32 AM by Geoff Quickfall.)
Klutz at work!
Arrrrrgh

Received an HP34c cosmetically in perfect, yes , perfect shape. Cost $5 as it was not working due to extensive corrosion on the ribbon connector.

The battery tabs were still there! This is the floating IC version. Well disassembly, clean up, hard wire around ribbon and it works. So Geoff decides to clean the keys (dirty and gummy) and promptly lost the R/S, g and h keys down the sink along with five others. Well the trap caught the other five and I have a spare and g key from a donor. What I don't have is the small black h key and the correct R/S key.

Instead I have installed the n key from a financial version and the R/S key from the same calc. It is black, it has an n and a blue 12x on the front facia.

So, well, to the point, has anyone got a spare h key from a completely dead grungy 34c that has no chance of repair and the R/S key as mine should have PSE and not E- (sigma minus)??

Signed, klutz in Vancouver!

And no it is not in the parts tray, that only happens in front of a crowd.

:-)

PS. Looks like the h key from a dead 67 would also sub but the R/S must be from a 34C as it is the only one with a PSE associated with it. So any one with a dead absolutely dead calc?????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: Klutz at work!
Hi Geoff,
I'm still away from home but this evening I'll take a look at my magical box.

Ignazio
10-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Ignazio,

No rush and many Thais for checking the 'magic box'. So far the two spare 34cs for parts have been fully restorable, so still no spares except from 31, 32 and 33s.

Geoff

Off to Hong Kong tomorrow and will check out the electronics junk market in Mongkok.
10-28-2014, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 06:35 PM by rprosperi.)
(10-28-2014 06:17 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  ...And no it is not in the parts tray, that only happens in front of a crowd.

I guess you just knew that comment was coming. At least at home, you don't have a half-dozen idiots crawling about the floor proving it's not down there... Wink

Also, I have a set of 38E keys available if any of those might help

--Bob Prosperi
10-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Hello Geoff,
Good news! I've found the two keys you are looking for, in good shape too.
Let me know your address for the shipping.

Take care, you are a lucky man.

Ignazio
10-28-2014, 06:50 PM
(10-28-2014 06:17 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Arrrrrgh

Received an HP34c cosmetically in perfect, yes , perfect shape. Cost $5 as it was not working due to extensive corrosion on the ribbon connector.

The battery tabs were still there! This is the floating IC version. Well disassembly, clean up, hard wire around ribbon and it works. So Geoff decides to clean the keys (dirty and gummy) and promptly lost the R/S, g and h keys down the sink along with five others. Well the trap caught the other five and I have a spare and g key from a donor. What I don't have is the small black h key and the correct R/S key.

Instead I have installed the n key from a financial version and the R/S key from the same calc. It is black, it has an n and a blue 12x on the front facia.

So, well, to the point, has anyone got a spare h key from a completely dead grungy 34c that has no chance of repair and the R/S key as mine should have PSE and not E- (sigma minus)??

Signed, klutz in Vancouver!

And no it is not in the parts tray, that only happens in front of a crowd.

PS. Looks like the h key from a dead 67 would also sub but the R/S must be from a 34C as it is the only one with a PSE associated with it. So any one with a dead absolutely dead calc?????
Hi Geoff, ......how I understand you.....I'm scared by sinks Smile, after the loss of at least a couple of screws and other small details...in the same way..

Hi Ignazio, I'm back home I'll call you tomorroiw or write, ciao
10-28-2014, 08:29 PM
(10-28-2014 06:49 PM)ignazio Wrote:  Hello Geoff,
Good news! I've found the two keys you are looking for, in good shape too.
Let me know your address for the shipping.

Take care, you are a lucky man.

WOW!

That is fantastic. I will pm you today!

Yes, I knew that would come up! That is why I checked the parts tray after I sinked them :-)

A relieved Klutz in Vancouver!
10-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I have all 30 keys from a very bad 33C (but the keys are ok). In case you lose more keys down the drain, just let me know :-)
10-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Everyone is a comedian!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)