Inference App Crashes
11-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Inference App Crashes
I have Software version 6030
Hardware Version A

When I try to use the Inference App to do a Regression Analysis or X2 when I hit the Num button my Prime resets.

And sometimes it doesn't reset but starts to draw the numeric entry screen but the choose boxes are still there and the spreadsheet like enter table is not there.

Anyone else see this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Inference App Crashes
Only thing that comes to mind is old data in that application (maybe didn't delete it properly when you updated or something). Can you try selecting the Inference app on the APPS screen, press BKSP, and reset it and then try again?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-05-2014, 01:08 AM
I'll try clearing the app tomorrow at work where the calc is.

One other thing I did after I sent my first post... When the calc gets into the state where the entry table doesn't draw, I can hit the "Size" softkey and change to the Small Font and then the choose boxes clear and the table shows up. After that I can change to the other sizes and all seems ok.

I'll report on the clearing part tomorrow.

Thanks,
Norm
11-05-2014, 03:36 AM
All the behaviors you report are new to me, so if it is repeatable then I'd love to find out what the steps are.

TW

11-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Tim,

Here are two videos of the issue I'm having:

http://youtu.be/CjqEiRgTui0

http://youtu.be/p_1KUsXwEKc

In the first video:
I turn on the calculator, go to the Inference App and Regression is already selected. At 0:08 sec when It hit Num, you see the left column labels for the table come up but the choose boxes don't go away and the grid is not there. Then I select the small size and the grid appears and all seems normal at that point.

Then at about 0:30 sec, I hit the Symb key and the screen changes but when I again hit the Num key, the Prime resets itself.

Then I go back and try the X^2 test and when I hit the Num key everything looks OK but the system is basically locked up. This required hitting the reset button on the back of the calc.

In the second video, I try the reset using the backspace and the Regression App resets the calculator as soon as I press the Symb key. Then I go to the X^s test again and zoom in to show the hourglass running when the App is hung. Again the only way out of that seems to be the reset button on the back.

I haven't gone to factory defaults yet in case you want me to look for or try something else.

Here is the version page of my Prime:

11-05-2014, 03:33 PM
PS. I think the key is the Regression function.

If I reset the calculator and do X^2 first is seems to work. It's only directly after a Regression /Reset event that X^2 hangs....
11-05-2014, 04:31 PM
(11-05-2014 03:33 PM)ndzied1 Wrote:  PS. I think the key is the Regression function.

If I reset the calculator and do X^2 first is seems to work. It's only directly after a Regression /Reset event that X^2 hangs....

The behavior seems to suggest that your memory is corrupted in some way, and it just happened to be when you were working on a regression involving x^2. I'm curious if this can be repeated after a clean format.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
11-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Haven't had a chance to look at this one for a little bit.

People have mentioned corrupted memory. How can I reset the calculator and clear the memory to see if it helps?

Thanks,
11-18-2014, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 09:10 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(11-18-2014 07:11 PM)ndzied1 Wrote:  People have mentioned corrupted memory. How can I reset the calculator and clear the memory to see if it helps?

ON-SYMB together - then release will do it. As does a pin in the back.

To reset the application, just press backspace on the icon in the apps screen.

TW

11-18-2014, 09:34 PM
I have the same firmware version and I have the same behavior if I select Large Font in the Settings form. I normally use medium font so this problem never occurs.
It appears that this bug is somehow related to the Settings Large Font selection.
11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
(11-18-2014 09:34 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I have the same firmware version and I have the same behavior if I select Large

Nice! Indeed, there was an issue there. Good catch.

TW

11-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Does the same in the Windows App

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)