Triangle Solver Bug
12-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Triangle Solver Bug
When trying to enter values into the Triangle Solver directly, and this is crazy for a Geometry type App, the blue DMS entry key is DISABLED!

However, you can use the "Math Template" key (to the right of the Toolbox).
Bottom right choice is a DMS input tool.

When entering from a program you can enter them as DMS and they show up if you return to the Triangle Solver App.

Missing from the built in functions is one to Clear all the Triangle Solver fields programatically. example might be Triangle_Solver.Clear

this would be prior to using Triangle_Solver.DoSolve

Programatically I tried various things:
enter Zero in unknown fields (no solution)
enter "" and " " (invalid input)
enter -1 (invalid input)

ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: Triangle Solver Bug
Hello,

SideA:=5; sets side A to 5.
SideA:=-1; clears it...
in the dialog box, shift CLEAR erases all data, shift DEL resets a given field...

Cyrille
12-23-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm talking about doing this stuff from a program not by direct entry into the Triangle_Solver App.
12-23-2014, 10:46 PM
(12-23-2014 06:52 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  I'm talking about doing this stuff from a program not by direct entry into the Triangle_Solver App.

He just explained to you how to do it programmatically.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Oh, I see now.
I was looking at at the "Shift Clear" and "Shift DEL" comments.
I tried the -1 thing and it did work.
Good.
04-06-2015, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 02:01 AM by rgallier.)
(12-20-2014 09:15 PM)bobkrohn Wrote:  When trying to enter values into the Triangle Solver directly, and this is crazy for a Geometry type App, the blue DMS entry key is DISABLED!

You can input ° ' " directly from the palette of common math and Greek characters - "Shift 9".
04-06-2015, 05:51 AM
(12-22-2014 02:05 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

SideA:=5; sets side A to 5.
SideA:=-1; clears it...
in the dialog box, shift CLEAR erases all data, shift DEL resets a given field...

Cyrille

I can't find this use of -1 in the manual, can you please supply a reference?
04-06-2015, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 01:25 PM by Marcio.)
I found this online:

Advanced user manual by Parisse (in French)

Doesn't cover all the topics but it's way better than the version that came with the calculator, IMHO.

Scroll down to hprime.pdf and hprime2.pdf

Enjoy.

Marcio
04-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the link, first time I see Parisse has notes for Prime.

A good exercise for my French although it may take me some time to answer my original question & I have no wish to become an expert on the Prime intricacies - I avoid the word system as it implies a systematic entity.

What do I mean? For example, French has a (pretty complex) orthography, but there is a system behind it, while English is just a heap of spellings based on multiple partial rules with abundant anomalies.

I imagine the Prime is constituted like English.

I would merely like to accomplish some basic operations on the Prime, something like a little programming & arithmetic, without encountering daunting hurdles.

A minimal useful handbook would be a great aid. I can suggest a title: The Theoretical Minimum.
04-06-2015, 05:58 PM
This thread has been around for quite some time:

http://hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-818.html

04-06-2015, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 06:22 PM by Han.)
(04-06-2015 05:02 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  What do I mean? For example, French has a (pretty complex) orthography, but there is a system behind it, while English is just a heap of spellings based on multiple partial rules with abundant anomalies.

I imagine the Prime is constituted like English.

I don't know... most verbs have very few conjugations. I remember hating learning all the different French conjugations. Then there's the (seemingly arbitrary, to me anyway) "gender" of nouns, the number of irregular verbs, etc. It seems to me every language has its pros and cons. On the flip side, you have to give English some credit when considering its ubiquitous use. Despite its difficulty, people are still learning and using English as their secondary language if it's not already their primary language. According to some sources, it trails only Chinese in terms of total number of speakers, and is listed as the most widely spoken language (by countries).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)