WTB or Swap 9114A Battery Charger Board
12-22-2014, 09:25 PM
WTB or Swap 9114A Battery Charger Board
Hello,

I recently got a 9114A disk drive which I want to restore.

The previous owner obviously modified the unit with the simple charger board from a ThinkJet and some NiCd batteries (which died long ago).
I have already bought a suitable lead battery, but need the original charger board.

I am looking for the charger board (with the trickle charge circuit) complete with the connecting plug and wire and if possible the HP charger socket. I have the Jones-plug and the connectors to the lead battery as well as to the original charger board.

Of course I could also swap for the ThinkkJet charger board with both plugs and the black socket for the HP charger. for the original board as I have no use for it.

Due to high shipping costs preferably someone from Europe?

Regards,
Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: WTB or Swap 9114A Battery Charger Board
If you simply want to restore the 9114 to working condition you might want to consider replacing the battery with a switching power supply such as this one.
If you want to restore the 9114 to it's original condition then you might want to find a 9114 like this one for the battery and then resell the drive with the empty battery assembly.

Dave
12-27-2022, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2022 02:42 PM by alexf.)
We built a complete new Battery Box with new 2.8Ah battery using Pamphonica's 3D printing design. As no additional original charging board was available, we made it using an external trickle charging plug-in. It worked out well but, as we don't have our own 3D printer, the box printing was quite expensive.
12-27-2022, 02:41 PM
Images of final box here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An6v5em3GyeIgkpo5bmw...p?e=MDgIaG
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An6v5em3GyeIgkW66gke...L?e=BNl0PK

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)