Vector editing in home (or CAS) view
01-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Vector editing in home (or CAS) view
Hello all,

I've been struggling with vector editing in the home view for some time now. I've tried to delete elements from the vector, but had no luck using the delete key (as could be considered the intuitive way). Then, after careful re-reading of the manual and some forums, I've found that you can switch to matrix by using the '[]' key (shift 5) and back again. After swapping to matrix, you CAN delete the col you want, by going to the plus minus sign and pressing del, and then go back to vector, but I find it quite inefficient.

Could it be possible to make it a bit easier?, just by using the delete key, or adding a menu to "edit" the vector/matrix (in the editor it's easier to delete an element).

Thanks for your time,
Pedro.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 04:55 PM by Snorre.)
RE: Vector editing in home (or CAS) view
Hello,
...and further suggestions for the command-line matrix editor:
1) IMO it would be more helpful if pressing [+] would insert the new row|column at the current place (moving the former current row|column to bottom|right), because now we have two ways of adding a last row|column but none for inserting a new first one.
2) auto-fill all empty cells with zeros if leaving (instead throwing an syntax error).
3) allow inserting an element in the bottom-right corner, so that a new row and column will be inserted.
[The last two points would it make much easier to enter sparse mainly diagonal matrices.]

[EDIT] sorry mainakae for hijacking your thread...
01-03-2015, 10:01 PM
(01-03-2015 04:30 PM)Snorre Wrote:  ...
[EDIT] sorry mainakae for hijacking your thread...

More than welcomed! It's totally related Smile
01-03-2015, 10:30 PM
(01-03-2015 04:30 PM)Snorre Wrote:  Hello,
...and further suggestions for the command-line matrix editor:
1) IMO it would be more helpful if pressing [+] would insert the new row|column at the current place (moving the former current row|column to bottom|right), because now we have two ways of adding a last row|column but none for inserting a new first one.
You can use [x] instead of [+] as explained in this post.
01-04-2015, 01:37 PM
(01-03-2015 10:30 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  You can use [x] instead of [+] as explained in this post.

Thank you very much. Didn't know that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)