Problem with "Restore" in HP Connectivity Kit.
01-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Hello,

When I backup from emulator and then do restore to physical HP Prime some functions in User Catalog (ToolBox -> User) do not show up even though they had compiled without any error. I have to go to to the "Shift -> Program" and press "Edit -> Check -> Esc or CAS" and only then I can see those missing functions in the User Catalog.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2015, 01:38 AM
RE: Problem with "Restore" in HP Connectivity Kit.
I just about had a seizure dealing with Backup/Restore in the Connectivity Kit.
(thought a huge source had gone missing)

One theory I have is that the defective Connectivity Kit allows you to perform operations before it's really ready.
i.e. the mouse icon doesn't look busy and user is not locked out from doing these things.
When initially hooking up, Backup/Restore, etc. you might see three little dots next to the calculator name. Make sure you don't attempt anything before those disappear.
ALSO, you need to look at the actual calculator and make sure the miniscule "hourglass" is not showing activity.

I've done backups where several source files were missing.
My only idea so far is that it was a "pre-mature" backup.
There should be more serious user feed back to know what is going on.

All this and the absolutely crappy program editor too.
(no Search, Replace. Are you kidding?)
01-31-2015, 09:05 AM
Related to backup/restore, I'll raise again the feature request of adding a quick "directory listing" command to the Prime's communication protocol, alongside the backup and restore commands Smile

The dirlist command has been a standard feature of all three series of TI graphing calculators for over two decades: my TI-86 dated 1994 already had it. Even when I was still using my 89 for school purposes, long before becoming the libti*/gfm/tilp maintainer, I basically never used full backup, because the vast majority of files didn't change from one backup to another one.
01-31-2015, 11:29 AM
(01-31-2015 01:38 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  All this and the absolutely crappy program editor too.
(no Search, Replace. Are you kidding?)

I would like to add TW0 additional feature requests for the PROGRAM EDITOR:

1. User selectable FONT SIZE for the "work area." The text is too small, in my opinion. Locating text errors would be much easier with LARGER type. I would like a way to make the font size bigger, please!

2. Block COMMENT and block UNCOMMENT, for quickly testing new / changed code fragments.

--- If AUTO INDENT was also included, the improvements would be terrific! ---

-Dale-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)