Learning to use the HP-65 Training Videos
01-23-2015, 03:13 AM
Learning to use the HP-65 Training Videos
The Hardman Collection has recently acquired copies the three "Learning to use the HP-65" training videos produced by Hewlett Packard in 1974. These training videos use a 3/4" U-Matic magnetic tape format. This morning I received three DVDs from a local conversion service. While the results aren't exceptional, I am happy to say that the contents of the tapes were fully recovered.

I would like to share these videos with the Community via YouTube. But I'd like to ask your advice on possible copyright issues. I understand that it would be best to get written permission from Hewlett Packard before posting these to YouTube. But, I have no idea where to start or how long that process would take.

I'm thinking of uploading them with full disclosure that the contents are "Copyright 1974 by the Hewlett Packard Co." I would also include a disclaimer that I would immediately remove the videos upon receipt of any "take down" request.

The content of these videos is over 40 years old. I can't imagine HP taking action over my posting something historically significant to our little group of enthusiasts.

I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Learning to use the HP-65 Training Videos
(01-23-2015 03:13 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Agree with Geir - Go for it. I would not go out of my way to promote its copyright heritage, but I would inlcude the offer to remove it if required by any copyright holder.

Far more 'valuable' things have been posted with no negative effects. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)