HP-35S to be discontinued?
01-27-2015, 06:54 AM
HP-35S to be discontinued?
On http://www.hp.com/calculators, the HP-35S is now out of stock and the online prices seem to increase. Is the HP-35S being discontinued?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
RE: HP-35S to be discontinued?
Hello Benoit!

This message of your caught my attention!

Tim Wessman who works for HP can tell you for sure. The HP web site is well known for anomalies and not so accurate information about the availability of calculators. You can find them on eBay if you want to buy some.

Namir
01-27-2015, 12:01 PM
It will be ok that, only if HP hire Pauli, Walter and Marcus, to officially launch the WP34S and the soon coming 43 (I hope), with a dedicated Pioneer body (maybe voyager?), with the old keyboard quality a la 48 and a low price.

Am I dreaming?
01-27-2015, 12:06 PM
(01-27-2015 12:01 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Am I dreaming?

Yes, you are. Though thanks for your appreciation.

d:-)
01-27-2015, 12:46 PM
(01-27-2015 06:54 AM)Benoit Maag Wrote:  On http://www.hp.com/calculators, the HP-35S is now out of stock and the online prices seem to increase. Is the HP-35S being discontinued?

I hope not - or if it is; a better version of the 35S will be released.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2015, 04:55 PM
(01-27-2015 06:54 AM)Benoit Maag Wrote:  On http://www.hp.com/calculators, the HP-35S is now out of stock and the online prices seem to increase. Is the HP-35S being discontinued?

I'm not very worried. The calculator seems very well-made, and it will probably outlive me, just like most of my other (still working) HP calculators will Smile

It seems to me that the common cause of failure of HP calculators is being dropped in mud or run over by tanks (and some would still survive), something that no longer happens. I only wish my android phone had a tiny fraction of the robustness of an HP25. Then again, even a Nexus6 costs less in inflation-adjusted dollars than the HP25 did when it came out...

/ji
01-27-2015, 05:24 PM
(01-27-2015 12:46 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I hope not - or if it is; a better version of the 35S will be released.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. But as you attended HHC where such things are usually revealed and still speculate, I reckon the chance to be rather low. Does an NDA cover things that have not been told? ;-)
02-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Just bought one, waiting for the parcel. I was considering this acquisition for quite some time, hope it is not a cheap design like the 30b (talking about case and keys because it became a good 34s anyway).
Btw, it seems to be back on stock.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)