Thread Closed 
WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
02-13-2015, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 03:26 AM by d b.)
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
(02-13-2015 02:19 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 06:08 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  What I want to know is which active member of this forum does not have the "Advantage to those who can read". I'd like you to spell it out plain for me.
Based on the threaded view, the comment was directed at MarkHaysHarris777. This poster's frequent "stream of consciousness" (bewusstseinsstrom?) posting style has been the source of Walter's criticism in the past.

Thanks Mark H. I hadn't caught the history. I sometimes miss things I shouldn't.
(Edit: BTW Mark: bewusstseinsstrom! I really honestly love those paragraph-in-a-single-word German words. English has almost none and we're the poorer for it.)

MarkHaysHarris777; Congratulations. You have just joined the largest and least exclusive sub-group in this forum. It includes all three Moderators, some of the most interesting posters, and the occasional newbie who just wanders away thinking we're all like that.
Find all posts by this user
02-13-2015, 04:14 AM
(02-13-2015 03:21 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 02:19 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  Based on the threaded view, the comment was directed at MarkHaysHarris777. This poster's frequent "stream of consciousness" (bewusstseinsstrom?) posting style has been the source of Walter's criticism in the past.

Thanks Mark H. I hadn't caught the history. I sometimes miss things I shouldn't.
(Edit: BTW Mark: bewusstseinsstrom! I really honestly love those paragraph-in-a-single-word German words. English has almost none and we're the poorer for it.)

MarkHaysHarris777; Congratulations. You have just joined the largest and least exclusive sub-group in this forum. It includes all three Moderators, some of the most interesting posters, and the occasional newbie who just wanders away thinking we're all like that.

Guilty as charged. In my theological studies at Bethel (St. Paul) I ran up against thousands of paragraph-in-a-single-word-German words; you have no idea! Read Immanuel Kant sometime, or Jürgen Moltmann, its absolutely amazing. I thought if one might learn the original German, then the author (those listed above) would become more intelligible... nope; not even. ... very smart guys, if one might understand them.

I appreciate Walter's RTFM comment, frankly. He has spent 100's of hours perfecting a manual that will answer questions of all kinds, only to be asked all kinds of questions (all of which may be found in the manual). Its a conundrum.

Having said that, I must tell you-- I read everything; eventually. When I ask a question of the 'expert,' or 'author,' or chief programmer (whatever) I am usually seeking more than the answer I could obtain from the manual. I am usually inviting dialogue out of which I hope to glean not only 'the answer,' but perspective as well-- the difference between knowledge and wisdom.

bewusstseinsstrom! I googled it. I read everything I could find about it. It made me yearn for Tolstoy; and Jürgen Moltmann.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
02-13-2015, 05:11 AM
Look, folks, I don't want to hinder your excitement. If you like to, you may even call the use of a headphone jack an innovation - though some less excited members may remember that very same pig was driven through that very same village in 2011 already. This may well end in a recommendation for more (quiet) reading before (loud) preaching. After all, tech people are majority here, sparing their excitement for real innovations.

As mentioned, however, enjoy! Go to your sandbox behind the bushes, play there, and reinvent the wheel. But don't expect the grown-ups being as excited as you are about your discoveries. You might understand later, why.

d;-)
02-13-2015, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2023 11:07 PM by Gene.)
Walter;

First you accuse a member of being illiterate for not memorizing a 300 page manual. Then you say in direct reference to another one's posts:
"Go to your sandbox behind the bushes, play there, and reinvent the wheel. But don't expect the grown-ups being as excited as you are about your discoveries. You might understand later, why." That was a busy two days.

You are the most arrogant, egotistic, boastful, grandiose, imperious, overbearing, pretentious, self-centered, self-important, bloated, conceited, flatulent, flaunting, inflated, magniloquent, narcissistic, orotund, overblown, pontifical, pompous, pretentious, puffed up, supercilious, nagging, vainglorious, and windy *** on this site. Actually, you're the only one. With over 2000 of us; that's going some.

When the main programmer and the mathematician on the 34s answer a question, they may infer that someone's idea or method is more difficult or slow and offer a better one. They never say it is stupid. They don't insult fellow members. You now have a long weekend to reflect on why their way is less self defeating.
02-13-2015, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 03:35 AM by d b.)
<<<<<< NOTE: ACCOUNT BANNED FOR BEING A SECOND ACCOUNT OF WALTER>>>>>>
(02-13-2015 06:43 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  You are the most arrogant, egotistic, boastful, grandiose, imperious, overbearing, pretentious, self-centered, self-important, bloated, conceited, flatulent, flaunting, inflated, magniloquent, narcissistic, orotund, overblown, pontifical, pompous, pretentious, puffed up, supercilious, nagging, vainglorious, and windy ass on this site. Actually, you're the only one. With over 2000 of us; that's going some.

With all due respect - I've followed the discussions here for quite some time - you're not acting like a Super Moderator. Instead you're introducing the most extensive collection of cusses I've ever seen here. Why do you go down to such a low level insulting your opponent? Wanting to act as a Super Moderator you must not be provoked so easily. Let people defend themselves first - I think most of them don't need a Super Nanny. Just keep cool, man.

Just my personal impression, no offence intended.
02-13-2015, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 03:34 AM by d b.)
<<<<<< NOTE: ACCOUNT BANNED FOR BEING A SECOND ACCOUNT OF (SEE "THAT GUY" BELOW) WALTER>>>>>>
Just verified that link mentioned: it's really in the manual, publicly available since 2011. In a way, I feel with that guy. Must be terrible looking at it five years later with people still selling it as something new.
02-13-2015, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 10:37 PM by BarryMead.)
(02-13-2015 02:26 PM)wob Wrote:  Just verified that link mentioned: it's really in the manual, publicly available since 2011. In a way, I feel with that guy. Must be terrible looking at it five years later with people still selling it as something new.
Who said that the headphone jack idea was "NEW"? No one! If you look at my original posting entitled
"Flash with 2.5mm Headphone Jack", the very first line says:

"A while back Marcus von Cube posted a thread on how to flash a WP-34S with a 2.5mm headphone jack. here"

How could anyone have made it more clear that this is NOT A NEW IDEA? As to the accusation of "SELLING", in another thread entitled "New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited" I clearly outlined very objective advantages to Harald Pott's micro USB board when comparing it to the 2.5mm headphone jack approach. I see no reason to be other than civil in these forums. I don't see any BADGUYS or ENEMIES in here only highly respected scientists and engineers who I consider friends. The original topic of this thread was discussing the merits/problems with adding a feature to help SYNCHRONIZE the flash program memory of a WP-34S with the computer based emulator. The discussion seems to have degenerated from that RESOLVED and uncontroversial topic.
02-13-2015, 11:06 PM
(02-13-2015 11:50 AM)wob Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 06:43 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  You are the most arrogant, egotistic, boastful, grandiose, imperious, overbearing, pretentious, self-centered, self-important, bloated, conceited, flatulent, flaunting, inflated, magniloquent, narcissistic, orotund, overblown, pontifical, pompous, pretentious, puffed up, supercilious, nagging, vainglorious, and windy ass on this site. Actually, you're the only one. With over 2000 of us; that's going some.
With all due respect - I've followed the discussions here for quite some time - you're not acting like a Super Moderator. Instead you're introducing the most extensive collection of cusses I've ever seen here. Why do you go down to such a low level insulting your opponent? Wanting to act as a Super Moderator you must not be provoked so easily. Let people defend themselves first - I think most of them don't need a Super Nanny. Just keep cool, man.
Just my personal impression, no offence intended.
wob; "It's like deja vu all over again". Another time walter was on time-out a few months ago, someone living near walter, who writes English in the same style, signed up here to ditto him and take me to task for stopping his insults. Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have "new" members.

You said "Let people defend themselves first - I think most of them don't need a Super Nanny." That's your opinion Walter. Maybe it would be your method. It might even be better. I see three problems with that though.
1) Most people don't bother defending themselves, but either way; the keyboard bully just keeps doing it.
2) When they do "defend themselves", the forum becomes a very ugly place. You've seen that in other boards I'm sure.
3) When the first two happen, members just stop participating, and we are a poorer group for that.

If you see my adjectives as cusses and insults then so be it, but be aware; I cuss real good in two languages. In fact, I've been told that in Spanish I'm only fluent in that and "las palabras de seduccion". Not effective mind you, just fluent.

There are other theories to this. Dave and Katie use the "ignore him till he winds down" method or the "delete the post or whole thread" method. Those ways erase the offensive rants and keep the forum more on topic: math, programming, RPN, calculator use - why we're here. I've done that too, to you Walter. However I now think that it just sweeps the problem under the rug, and for a much shorter time. My method is to leave the insults printed so as to remind you what not to do again, and to lock it up so you can't erase the insults. I rub your nose in the mess and whack you with a newspaper. It keeps you polite longer but it does leave a stain on the forum and I do regret that. I would not be writing this particular stain if you, "wob" had not signed up to berate me for putting that other guy on a three day time out.

I could point "you" to some really offensive, ugly and insulting posts but Walter Bonin has thankfully went back and erased over 30 of his "grandes exitos".

I'm locking this thread up. It's went on eleven posts too long and shamefully; three of those are mine. I owe everyone here an apology for this.

Actually Walter; there is one more thing. The forum has a one account per person rule. I am going to enforce it, but I'll let you decide which of your accounts gets erased. You can erase wob's account which began right after you went on time out, or I'll delete Walter Bonin's account with 1556 posts. It's the same number of key strokes either way.

And in the future; if you don't have something nice or neutral to say about a member, then don't say anything. Even thinly veiled dog-mouthing is still dog-mouthing, and smiley emoticons don't make it any more palatable.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)