Yes 60.00% 6 60.00%
No 40.00% 4 40.00%
Total 10 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
Testing Poll
02-25-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Testing Poll
(02-25-2015 08:43 PM)Offroad Wrote:  Where is the LIKE button?

[Image: like-button-540x304.jpg]

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
Find all posts by this user
02-26-2015, 12:42 AM
(02-25-2015 08:33 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 05:50 AM)walter b Wrote:  <<<Editors Note: Walters snappy little post insulting another member is better left off the board.>>>

To our moderators: we are all grown-ups here, no need for a babysitter.
Please reconsider this censorship: we can tolerate harsh sentences and make our mind on who to blame, but only *if* posts don't get cut out.

Thank you.

Massimo:
You complain on the forum that we have to moderate walter. Others complain in PMs that we talk too much about this on the open forum. I agree with them but since I respect you, I'll answer you.

1) the trash talk is not about you, and anyway; you like sparring with walter. If it was about you, we'd still erase it.
2) Personally; I'd leave the ugly posts and permanently ban the writer of 95% of them.
3) RE #2: But when that garbage gets left on a site, pretty soon the whole board is an ALL CAPS cuss-fest.
4) The poor injured aggrieved victim that you are trying to protect from being edited has self-deleted more of his own most egregious posts than all three moderators together have (30 of them so far and only one that I know of for a good reason). He does this to look innocent after driving other members off the board, and trolling people who have the GALL to answer someone's general question about HIS 34s.
5) You are, like I am, a guest here. Thank you for your opinion but it's not your decision to make. Nor is it mine, but I agree with it. Dave has decided that this will be a friendly-enough polite-enough place to talk mostly about RPN, calculators, and math. Side interests are always welcome. People here have interesting hobbies.
6) Walter, all his false accounts, his sympathizer, and you (although I'd miss you paisano) are all welcome to start a forum where invective, insult, name calling, dog mouthing, and trolling are the norm - or even required. However; that will not be allowed to happen here.

Can we get back to HPs and programming now?
02-26-2015, 04:47 PM
0) Sorry to abuse this forum, if you and others look at it this way. However that was my first (and this will be my last) post about these issues. And you can always delete it...
1) Trash is trash is trash. I don't understand why half post is deleted and insults are left. "I like sparring with Walter"... Gee!
2) As you reminded me: Dave's house, Dave's rules. That's perfectly fine with me.
3) Again, then please delete the whole thread, a single post, or all of the garbage from each post.
4) Wait a moment. I am not trying to "protect" anybody. I would simply like to understand what's going on, just to better know people I am interacting with for 17+ years.
5) Nothing to argue on this.
6) Well, thank you for showing me the door, Dennis. But, please, refrain from using somewhat ambiguous terms like "paisano". Thanks again, but that's neither what I am interested in, nor I am looking for another home: I would like to stay here, with your consent, of course.
7) Didn't this get too personal between you two?
8) Last but not the least: sorry for asking what I considered as a polite request.

I'm back to calculators now.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2015, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 05:19 PM by Offroad.)
I am quite new to these forums but from what I have seen, moderators are the only ones allowed to express themselves the way they want.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" - Sêneca.
02-26-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 04:57 AM by d b.)
(02-26-2015 05:05 PM)Offroad Wrote:  ... moderators are the only ones allowed to express themselves the way they want.

... and the only ones whose texts may be cited - be they true or evidently false, polite or grossly violating good conduct - without the slightest risk of undergoing punishment. Just my observations.

d:-(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEGIN MODERATORS NOTE:

RE: ... "moderators are the only ones allowed to express themselves the way they want.... and the only ones whose texts may be cited"
That's true Walter. It's because we don't say things like this to other members:
"Go to your sandbox behind the bushes, play there, and reinvent the wheel. But don't expect the grown-ups being as excited as you are about your discoveries. You might understand later, why."
There, I cited you.

RE: - "without the slightest risk of undergoing punishment"
Walter; 2131 members have made 28101 posts so far, and YOU are the undisputed leader in getting complaints. Not only is no one else even close; you have more complaints against you than every one else combined. Those complaints are from real people too, not from fake accounts like "wob" that you made just to agree with yourself. You keep "undergoing punishment" because you keep offending people.
You could stop.

END MODERATOR"S NOTE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-26-2015, 05:41 PM
(02-26-2015 04:47 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I would simply like to understand what's going on, just to better know people I am interacting with for 17+ years.
May I explain? Our enfant terrible likes to tease, but is quite touchy otherwise. As soon as someone complains and gets him banned for a day, he creates one or more new accounts and comes back crying for justice. That's simply blackmailing, like in leave me alone or I'll wake up the neighbours. And it works.

The only other way to deal with him would be to let him do what he wants and to ignore all complaints. Not a good idea either imo, ergo we have a dilemma.

I'm personally fed up with Walter, not so much for his language, but due to his many accounts. Simply dislike this very much.
02-26-2015, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 03:43 AM by d b.)
(02-26-2015 05:41 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  I'm personally fed up with Walter, not so much for his language, but due to his many accounts. Simply dislike this very much.

I've got only one account for more than 12 years......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<<<<<< MODERATORS NOTE;
Walter;

You don't get to call me a liar. That gets your posts edited. This time by me. The last time was by Dave who erased a whole string of your screaming temper tantrums, in multiple threads, by at least two of your accounts. I'm suspicious of two more, which mainly seem used defending you while you are on moderated time-out. I just don't have time, or the skill really, to dig up all your sneakery. If you hadn't written a useful book; you would be off this forum permanently, even if I had to regretfully exclude your entire beautiful country to keep your fake accounts off with you.

I personally am really sick of your insulting other members, trolling them, and following some around till they quit. I am also tired of having to read some, as you say, "defend themselves", from your garbage. They have better things to do. You could make more friends, real ones - not "wob" and his ilk, by laying off the hateful little pop psychology analyses of every one in my 315 million person country.

I am more disgusted with you than you can imagine for your insults, slights, and digs at Dave and Katie. You do not want me to pull those out and print them again. And yes; you should be wondering right now how many were saved before you self-erased 29 of them, and how many we can resurrect anyway.

It also seems that others are fed up with not knowing if a new or low-count member is legit, or just one of your imaginary friends.

As a member of the 34s trinity, tetrad quintity sixity or whatever - you should be the one that every one says: "i want to be him when i grow up" about. Instead; three people have to edit you to clean up your rudeness so that doesn't become the norm here - so you don't turn this forum into the "craigslist's rants and raves" of math.

Is being a keyboard bully that much fun? -db >>>>>>>
END NOTE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Will you let it go, Walter? This is not going to end well and you're not getting any points for it.

Just saying... don't take it personal, because it's not meant to be.
02-26-2015, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 09:58 PM by d b.)
(02-26-2015 06:19 PM)Manolo Sobrino Wrote:  Will you let it go, Walter? This is not going to end well and you're not getting any points for it.

Just saying... don't take it personal, because it's not meant to be.

Time to close this conversation...
--------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS NOTE:
I won't be the one to close this thread. Manolo said NOTHING wrong. -db
END NOTE
----------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
02-28-2015, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 03:41 AM by d b.)
Sorry for having to repeat it:

I've got only one account for more than 12 years. The one and only time I created a second (!) one was during the recent ban - a movement I started since while you're off, some people tell a lot of things of very limited truth about you. This account just survived a day. That's all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS NOTE:
Walter; Your fake wob account "just survived a day" (as you said) because I locked you out of it. None of us is allowed more than one account. ( i could USE one too, so i could say something without the moderator saying it) You have at least three now. Make that two because I'm about to ban another one.
END NOTE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d:-)

P.S.: That's the truth and nothing but the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE:
Walter; Nobody has to "tell a lot of things of very limited truth about you". The regular truth is bad enough. Take for example your fake account "wob" which you made only so you could have "someone" to ditto you and say what a great guy you are. Take also your imaginary friend RayatHP. He, You, whatever, even started a poll to bring walter back. If you could keep your yap shut when the mean sentences start echoing, you wouldn't have to leave. "Ray's" post about you at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-312...l#pid27903 is a comic masterpiece when read knowing that you are writing it.....about yourself.
END NOTE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-28-2015, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 09:02 AM by walter b.)
(02-28-2015 12:49 AM)walter b Wrote:  Sorry for having to repeat it:

I've got only one account for more than 12 years. The one and only time I created a second (!) one was during the recent ban - a movement I started since while you're off, some people tell a lot of things of very limited truth about you. This account just survived a day. That's all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS NOTE:
Walter; Your fake wob account "just survived a day" (as you said) because I locked you out of it. None of us is allowed more than one account. ( i could USE one too, so i could say something without the moderator saying it) You have at least three now. Make that two because I'm about to ban another one.
END NOTE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
??? You rightfully locked me out of wob - but else?? (Ah, it becomes clearer after your next note ,,,)

Quote:d:-)

P.S.: That's the truth and nothing but the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE:
Walter; Nobody has to "tell a lot of things of very limited truth about you". The regular truth is bad enough. Take for example your fake account "wob" which you made only so you could have "someone" to ditto you and say what a great guy you are. Take also your imaginary friend RayatHP. He, You, whatever, even started a poll to bring walter back. If you could keep your yap shut when the mean sentences start echoing, you wouldn't have to leave. "Ray's" post about you at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-312...l#pid27903 is a comic masterpiece when read knowing that you are writing it.....about yourself.
END NOTE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, finally I understand Thomas' remark above. Nice theory, but I've actually absolutely no idea who RayAtHP is, and since (s)he is banned (which I found out just now) I can send him/her a PM but (s)he can't access it so I even can't find out.

You see, my statement above holds true, and speculation / belief carried you (pl.) away. So much about truth and lies. IMHO, it's interesting observing that (though being enlighted quite late), and it would be even funnier if you weren't thrashing around you the way you do which makes you acting like the reknown elephant in a china shop. Hmmmh ... now I'm anxious to see how you can cope with reality.

d:-/
02-28-2015, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 08:55 PM by walter b.)
(02-28-2015 08:57 AM)walter b Wrote:  You see, my statement above holds true, and speculation / belief carried you (pl.) away. So much about truth and lies. IMHO, it's interesting observing that (though being enlighted quite late), and it would be even funnier if you weren't thrashing around you the way you do which makes you acting like the reknown elephant in a china shop. Hmmmh ... now I'm anxious to see how you can cope with reality.

Hmmh, Dennis, what's the matter? When you meant you could hang names on me you were reacting quite a bit faster. Wink What's wrong now? Confused Start thinking? If I weren't so stubborn, we'd never found out and you'd never reached that state. Remember Platon:
03-01-2015, 04:40 AM
It's been quite a day for posts being reported, including the one above. I decided to issue just one warning rather than one warning per reported post. I'm not sure if we've ever had a reported post in the test forum before. In any case, thanks to everyone for reporting the issues you see.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)