[WP 34S] Stack handling in advanced funstions
02-27-2015, 05:29 PM
[WP 34S] Stack handling in advanced funstions
Hi all,

this is to fulfill Geralds request here for a new thread about that topic. Though I don't know how far Bit went in between yet.

d:-?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: [WP 34S] Stack handling in advanced funstions
(02-27-2015 05:29 PM)walter b Wrote:  this is to fulfill Geralds request here for a new thread about that topic. Though I don't know how far Bit went in between yet.

It's something I'd like to look into but I haven't had the time to deal with calculator related things in the past few days.

The tricky part is getting error handling right without greatly increasing code size or RAM usage. We may have to use a special stack frame so the routine that unwinds the return stack (retstk_up()) will know when to restore the register stack and mode settings. I'd also like to fix stuff like higher order functions breaking badly when the user function does something cheeky like switching in or out of double precision mode.
04-09-2015, 07:21 AM
Any news in this matter?

d:-?
04-26-2015, 08:14 PM
(04-09-2015 07:21 AM)walter b Wrote:  Any news in this matter?
No news from me. As indicated in another thread, unfortunately I haven't had the time to deal with calculator programming in the past month or so. At this point, I'm not sure when I'll be less busy, it could be a few weeks or a few months. Until then, there's only one thing I can promise to do: update my builds (without adding new features) if requested.
Sorry. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)