new to prime ARG? INV?
03-14-2015, 02:59 AM
new to prime ARG? INV?
HI everybody!!

after 15 years my loyal HP48GX stopped working and it was because I spelt a whole coca cola on it!!!! FOOL!!
well, because I'm SO used to the RPN, I thought that the Prime was my best shot.
my first impression was pretty good but now after just 2 days, I cannot find some functions that I use a lot, one is the ARG button and also 1/x (inv) button.
do you know where they are?

and last issue is with the unit conversion, it was SO easy in the 48GX, is there a shorter way than this popup menus in the Prime?

I know I have this problems because I haven't red the manual, but I think this basic functions should be more available

any help?

thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: new to prime ARG? INV?
ARG can be found in the toolbox, which is located right next to the Vars key. Click it, click A (same key) and then use your fingers to scroll down to ARG. The INV function can be easily called by pressing shift then the division key.
03-14-2015, 04:02 AM
Like most things in n life, experience is key. The toolbox key has access to the catalog of commands. ARG() is listed there. That's probably your best hope, if you're stranded on a deserted island with just time and your prime.

The search option on this forum can be helpful also. The learning curve can be a little steep at times, and the prime isn't the rpn calc that you're probably used to. So getting familiar with it might need to be taken in small steps.
03-18-2015, 04:55 PM
thanks both for your answers!.
yes I searched quite a bit for other questions that I have but this 2 I didn't find them.
I think I wasn't specific enough but the ARG function I was referring to, is the ARG function in the 48GX which returns the last 2 operators you use.
for example:

1 enter 2 enter X ARG
returns 1 and 2

thanks again!
03-18-2015, 04:59 PM
(03-18-2015 04:55 PM)sirrick Wrote:  1 enter 2 enter X ARG
returns 1 and 2

This is what the "Ans" does in RPN mode (shift + key). Returns the arguments consumed by the last operation.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
thanks!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)