INPUT Command Syntax (SOLVED).
03-23-2015, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 07:07 PM by Spybot.)
INPUT Command Syntax (SOLVED).

Hi Everyone!!

I guess I need a little bit of help on the syntax of the INPUT command. I'm trying to create some sort of drop-down menu, so I can choose an option.
I read the UG. and the built-in help on the calculator, I entered the corresponding code for that, and I'm still getting an error message. ("see screenshot # 1
")

I'm trying to create something like the screenshot # 2 & 3.

here is my code:

EXPORT program()
BEGIN
INPUT({D,{"OPTION 1","OPTION 2","OPTION 3","OPTION 4"},{20,70,3}},{"Main title"},{"LABEL"},{"HELP 1","HELP 2","HELP 3","HELP 4"},0,0);
END;

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Spybot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: INPUT Command Syntax
Two things. You are attempting to create a field for variable D, and then a non-existent type. Look at your variable list: {D,{"Strings"...

Also, you are defining help strings for 4 fields.

Code:
EXPORT program()
BEGIN
INPUT({{D,{"OPTION 1","OPTION 2","OPTION 3","OPTION 4"},{20,70,3}}},"Main title","LABEL","HELP 1",0,0);
END;

Adding { } around the title field and similar is for additional pages of your input form. If you have one, no need to have it.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Thank You Tim.

I notice something in the piece of code you wrote:

{{D,{"OPTION 1","OPTION 2","OPTION 3","OPTION 4"},{20,70,3}}} ...

In this line, it seems to me that there is an extra pair of brackets {}, so I took them out and ran the program, I realized that it didn't run!, so I put them back in place and it worked again. my question is why an extra pair of brackets make the difference?

Spybot.
03-23-2015, 08:06 PM
To define a choose in an an input form, you create a list of the form {var,{"choices"...}}.

{ A,B,{C,{"choices"...}} } is 3 objects, A, B and a choose object. Doing {D,{"choices"...} has made one real input D, and then an invalid input item - hence the error.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-23-2015, 09:16 PM
That make sense Tim, Thank you for your answer.

Spybot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)