SINH in an HP 30b program
03-28-2015, 02:39 AM
SINH in an HP 30b program
On the HP 30b, how do I enter SINH into a program line. Is there a way to do this without redefining that function to the keyboard?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2015, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015 03:13 AM by Katie Wasserman.)
RE: SINH in an HP 30b program
(03-28-2015 02:39 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  On the HP 30b, how do I enter SINH into a program line. Is there a way to do this without redefining that function to the keyboard?

In general, you need to navigate to the command in the menu when programming the same way you do when not programming. For example, if you would get to SINH by pressing MATH, DOWN, DOWN, INPUT, DOWN in non-program mode you would do the same to put in in a program. Disturbingly you'll never see SINH in the program just DOWN, DOWN, INPUT, DOWN, etc.. It makes for difficult programming and even more difficult debugging.

Most people on this forum would suggest you convert your HP-30B to a HP34S, but I think you already have one of those, right?

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2015, 03:29 AM
Thanks, Katie

I do, but kind of like the HP 30b as well for what it does! It is also a spare for the WP 34S, just in case.
03-28-2015, 10:47 AM
I liked the idea of the 30b, the form & the speed.

I was sourly disappointed that many of the advertised features were defective & by lack of support.

I used the calculator in classes with groups interested in finance but have now given up.
03-30-2015, 01:14 PM
What annoys me the most about the HP 30b is that each arrow counts as program step, given 290 is a limited step size start with.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Yeah, this was because the programming in the 30b really isn't programming but truly a keystroke recorder. Period.

Takes 7 keystrokes to get to a function? That's 7 keystrokes in a program.

Good / bad, that's what it is.

I think I still have a couple of 30b units about. More 34S units however. :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)